Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a few months ago I sold my KX250 to my dad and picked up a used 2007 KX450F and couldn't be happier. It's the beast I've been looking for, plenty of power but sooo controlled. It came with some nice goodies i.e. all Pro Circuit supension. Now, granted I went from a 2000 to a 2007 dirtbike the suspenion was going to be better, but the Pro Circuit suspension and namely the rear shock linkage are AMAZING. It doesn't matter how I land a jump the bike does not give me any butt pucker moments. I can clip the crest of a double with just my rear tire and it just absorbs it rather than trying to buck me off.

Here's the bike as I got it

After few evenings of working on it this is what I have now.

and props to my parents for lettin me work on it inside one weekend haha.

Anyways now the fun stuff just a few pics of me at a small local track.

Anyways, it's been a while since I've posted and I had to show off the new toy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, that is a beautiful ride my friend... I am currently in search for an 06/07 450f and its great to here that somebody liked them so much. I almost wanted to get a 06/07 KX250 2stroke cuz I know I can get one for much cheaper and have been used to the 2stroke feel my whole life. However, seeing that awesome ride of yours definitely encourages me towards the thumper...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wanted to tell everyone thanks for the compliments.

Wow, that is a beautiful ride my friend... I am currently in search for an 06/07 450f and its great to here that somebody liked them so much. I almost wanted to get a 06/07 KX250 2stroke cuz I know I can get one for much cheaper and have been used to the 2stroke feel my whole life. However, seeing that awesome ride of yours definitely encourages me towards the thumper...
Yeah I grew up on 2 strokes myself and over the past 3 years really got back into dirt bikes. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't the best at riding on the pipe and riding the 2 stroke to full effect, but that's what the thumper lets me do. It's so much more forgiving, if I need more power or speed I just twist the throttle and the bike complies. It lets me ride faster and more in control.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
amazing bike!
if all goes well, i'll be switching from my Honda 250 to a Kawi 450 tomorrow
cant freaking wait!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
sweet bike, im in the process of selling my RM125 and looking at the 09 Kawi 250 I hear nothing both good things about them

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in the process of finding a 2 stroke 250 :) I used to own a YZ426F and loved it but I'd really like to give 2 strokes a try before you cant find them any more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking to get a 2010 KX-450F msyelf, i love the thumpers, my first dirtbike a 2 stroke , right now i have a 2006 Honda CRF-230F, but i dont like the trail bikes, ima more MX person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i'm with fla991 i own a crf 450 honda good bike love the usable 4's smooth power but i want a kx 500 (or cr) nothing can toutch them in the sand, stock for stock neways. dam epa is crap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good looking bike! I just sold my 06 kx250f to buy my ninja, but don't know how long i'll be able to stand not racing mx and riding, so we'll see how that go's, may have the ninja up for sale soon. But when i buy another dirtbike, it will def. be an 05+ YZ250 2-smoker. I love the 4 strokes and the traction, usable power, but the 2 strokes are more fun to ride and cheaper IMO.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
how is the wear on the Renthal sprocket?
I threw on a a new renthal drive gear, and went +2 with a renthal sprocket a little while ago. I don't have a ton of time on the new system, but the wear seems pretty good. Nothing too crazy yet at least and loving the +2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts