Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I used to see a lot of TV commercials advertising the Splitfires, but I haven't seen anything about them for years. The concept seems logical, but I have no experience with them to know if the concept works.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I was going to try them in my car once, but the mechanic talked me out of it. Said they were the biggest joking around (his opinion, I was too ignorant to have one of my own). As he explained it to me... electricity follows the path of least resistance. So it will follow one of the tips, not split and go to both. Take that for what it's worth. I didn't buy them though...

·
Registered
18 Posts
well my mom used them in her car, and then her engine went out, she took it to a shop and the mechanic said it looked like someone welded the engine out....thats why they arent on my bike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have any experience with these? I'll be putting in SF430C's, I was going to go with the Triple Platinum, but I change the plugs often and thought the extra cash would just be a waste.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've talked about that with my Kawasaki mechanic, and he strongly suggested me to keep with the NGK. He said it would be good to improve inside the NGK range (they have better ones than the standard) but not to change brands. NGKs are great, he said. So, now I've changed them to better NGKs but I did not feel any difference. Haven't dynoed it yet, because I'm getting my Akrapovic + Dynojet + K&N fitted this week. :D

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Try some NGK CR9-EIX. These would be the Iridium varients of the CR9-E. According to Motoman, plugs like the split fires might produce a little more power, but that's not down to a more efficient spark plug; it's because you're taking up a little more space in the combustion chamber thereby raising compression! It's a simple gimmick in my opinion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snotrocket, check the link I put here for the story behind that crappy deal.....

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6844

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sounds good, and just to clarify, my mechanic wasnt saying they were a crap plug, but he didn;t think they were worth the price (others had the same quality/performance for less $$$). His point was it was not worth paying more for the gimmickry since it wuld not actually "split", and that was how they claimed all the 'extras' were achived.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.