Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone by chance found any equipment or sources to correct the tach on our bikes, either electronic intervention, or perhaps a corrected guage face? ( graphics redesigned to match the guage at the appropriate number )

I'm tired of the tach and the speedometer both being innacurate so I'm going to repair the issue soon.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Oh, come on! Just don't use them! Shift when you hear the bike screaming and, as far as speed, just keep accelarating until you are satisfied with how fast you are passing other vehicles!! [:Lol]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the speedohealer is what I plan to use to character the speedometer, but I'm wondering what/if anyone has done anything to correct the tachometer error as well. Mine I'm guessing is off by a good 1k at the top, and the limiter kicks in at just after 16k on the tach.

Not sure of an easy way to correct that other then perhaps finding a shop/company that might design a corrected guage cluster face that will match the tach position with the proper numbers. Might look a bit wierd.., but should be affective.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Just go as fast as you can until you get a ticket. Then you'll have your top speed in writting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't want my top speed in writing, I want accurate guages that should have been reasonably accurate from the factory for all vehicles. [xx(]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah man as far as the tach goes your kinda screwed...i hate it as well especially on track if i can even read that POS!

But i have the speedohealer and it is pretty much dead on, at 60mph after i adjusted it..Yeah here in Oregon best have a accurate speedo.

Hoping to have my bike back together tomorrow for a ride somewhere this weekend..Not so sure where though if your up to it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.