Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tail bags they use that works with the undertail exhaust, especially having installed a fender eliminator? I desperatlely need a way to carry just the bar essentials with me on rides, and because of the half plastic 'tank' most tank bags don't sit too securely. Not to mention when I have my camcorder mounted, I can't use one at all. And a backpack is out of the question.

So anyone have a solution they use already?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I am currently using a medium sized fanny bag that you would normally wear around your waist. I have the straps wrapped around the passenger seat. Doesnt move at all and noone can just walk up and remove it. The bag is just big enough for me to get my digi cam in (Canon Powershot G5) and some other crap. Not huge, I would deffinatly like something a little bit bigger but it works great for now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Not a bad idea. Kawasaki shows a tailbag for the 05's on their site. Not listed under 06's yet. But it doesn't show how it attaches to the rear. Site stinks for descriptions.

·
Registered
674 Posts
yes 05 and 06 are the same, except they took away the smoothest color and put ridiculous flaming flames on them for all the fast & furious addicted kids out there

·
Registered
162 Posts
I use a Cortech bag strapped to the the rear seat. Replaced the stock bungee cords with flat nylon straps so no part of the bag touches the paint at all and when the seat is locked on the bike the bag is as well. Very handy when u need a place to put stuff. I want to get something a little smaller for times when I do not need quite so much room.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I do something similar with a cheap Oxford Sport tailbag. It already has a velcro strap on it, so I just remove the bungies and use the strap to attach it to the pillion seat. Works great. Sorry, but I don't have any pics handy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.