Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT!!!! THAT SOUNDS CRAZY. BUT TRY A INTERGRATER KIT IN REVERSE THAT MIGHT WORK

ASS,GRASS,OR GAS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE! THE TANK IS FULL AND I DONT SMOKE SO FIGURE IT OUT

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Check out THESE threads:

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2716
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2171

You might be able to use those huge square stock blinkers on your eliminator kit... but you'll have to take off the rubber boot and attach it using the two mounting bolts that are underneath it...

Personally, I'd replace them with a nice set of short stalks, but that's just me... have fun.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
331 Posts
sorry for not being more clear --
PURTY, i didnt mean the whole tail, i just meant the license plate and blinker assembly: the rear fender...

DJ, the instructions you wrote up will help alot. i looked at it this past weekend and realized it was going to be alot harder than just removing the two HEX bolts in the trunk...

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
331 Posts
i definitely want to get rid of the tail on my bike, but i kinda like my big blinkers. does anyone make a kit that lets me use the stock blinkers? or am i better off making on myself...

and how do i get the damn thing off? :)

thanx --

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
316 Posts
It isn't bad at all. It will take you roughly about an hour if you are diligent in your work. Take the two hex bolts out of your underside, then take your rear seat(or cowl) off, and take the rear plastic off the tail. All you need to do is push in the center punch plastic bolts and remove them. The plastic should come off farily easy. Once you have that done, remove the other two bolts from under the trunk space and disconnect your turn signals (be sure not to disconnect your tail light assembly) and remount your plate somewhere else. I mounted mine against the battery box. Just be careful not to puncture the battery, or you will have a nasty suprise. As for stock signals, if you want to keep them, you might as well just chop off the lower part of the tail that you don't want and keep the rest. You will be looking at more work for yourself than necessary to make a bracket that will hold those signals and still make a clean look. Good luck.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH I C NOW

ASS,GRASS,OR GAS NOBODY RIDES FOR FREE! THE TANK IS FULL AND I DONT SMOKE SO FIGURE IT OUT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to Jardineproducts.com, they have a rear fender eliminator kit that you can use the stock stock lights with. I have one on its way, the cost is $79.95. When you get to the web site download the catalog, there is a picture of it on page 28.

·
Registered
501 Posts
$80 for the integrator on a bike that already has an undertail??????????? WTF?? People just like throwing money away!!!

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
331 Posts
$80 isnt that bad. i originally ordered the kit from www.competitionwerkes.com ($150!) because i thought that was all that was out there. when they jacked up my insurance ("up to 600cc class" to "601+ class"... dont ask :() i was forced to look at other options. i found a nice little one from www.targa-acc.com for $50. ive also read on here about a bunch of guys making their own plate bracket. i liked the one from CW because i thought i might be able to use my stock rear blinkers... the targa one is entirely too small for that.

guess ill be getting used to the short stalks after all -- ;)

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
501 Posts
I guess if u dont have access to tools and a vise...
I made a bracket from sheet aluminum for a friend that just bought an R6 and it took 2 hours including painting. His cost was $14-$15, he bought short stalks and electrical connectors. I had a can of primer and black paint already.

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
354 Posts
I used a sheet aluminum very thin got it for $2...I had the short stocks I think they were $15 or so....I got some LED bolts and plate frame from the Harley store so I have a legal plate light (that stuff was 'bout $50)......I left the aluminum unpainted...It took about 4-6 hours with the running around..I left the cargo hooks on and dilled out were the reflector mounted for the short stocks..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.