Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if a tail light integrator on a hotbodies racing undertail kit would work along with one of those flashing tail light kits for added safty?

·
Registered
934 Posts
I don't think so... It WOULD work BUT...

IF you went to the trouble of putting in a brake flasher along with the integrator kit ... WOW, that'd be extremely confusing to people behind you as there'd be so much flashing going on no one would know what you're trying to do!

i.e.; Like having your turn signal on while braking, the one bulb would be flashing for the turn signal and the other would be flashing for the brake... In my opinion, very bad idea. However, I do like the creative thinking with safety in mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is not how the integrator works...

When the turn signal is on, the flashing brake light is disabled. I have the integrator and I have enabled the flashing brake light feature. I love it! I constantly get people commenting on how the pulsing brake light draws attention... and that is exactly what it is supposed to do! It's funny watching people point at it sometimes :).

Jon

·
Registered
934 Posts
Jonnyspeed,

The integrator that you have, what make is it?? ...and does it have a built in flashing brake feature?

I understood Ward's original question as him having two units (an integrator and a separate flashing unit), which would operate in the manner I described (at least the ones I've seen). Otherwise I think that the flashing brake light is a great safety idea!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My bad...

I have one box that does both features. Don't remember what brand it is off hand. I'll check the bike and let you know.

Peace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.