Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never happened before but now my Tail Light Fuse keeps blowing. It has been sitting for months under my cover. The only thing I have change was a battery, I don't know if that would be the cause. I change the fuse, go for a ride and when I stop its blown again. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
inspect the bulb.. inspect the socket.. could be corrosion or something shorting it out.. you have running light but it pops on the brake light? bulb filament could be shorted or the socket has something retarded going on.. don't rule out fucked up wires from mice either.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inspect the bulb.. inspect the socket.. could be corrosion or something shorting it out.. you have running light but it pops on the brake light? bulb filament could be shorted or the socket has something retarded going on.. don't rule out fucked up wires from mice either.
I believe i found the problem. I have a swing-arm tag bracket and have lights wired. Looks like the sprocket nuts tagged the wire stripping them exposing the wires. So looks like I just need to rewire it. Thanks for the input. I will work on it in the morning, if it doesn't work ill hit the thread again.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
hmm.. odd.. should blow the fuse as soon as the key is turned on then.. that shit might be hooked up to the brake light in that case.
make sure it's on the correct wire so you don't get pulled for a tag light being out.. being it'd only light when the brake was applied.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm.. odd.. should blow the fuse as soon as the key is turned on then.. that shit might be hooked up to the brake light in that case.
make sure it's on the correct wire so you don't get pulled for a tag light being out.. being it'd only light when the brake was applied.
Its connected to the brake light but constant power whenever the bike is on. The exposed wire hits the metal nuts and shorts the tail light fuse is what I came up with. we will see tomarra.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
well, remember two circuits feed the taillight. thus why theres 3 wires. one is ground, one is brake light power(switched.. from the brake light switches) and the other is running light power (switched on with the key)

sounds like you popped a fuse only when you hit the brake.. meaning that the tag light is not hooked to the correct circuit.. there shouldn't be constant power on the brake light wire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts