Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I was just looking at my bike and it struck me that the turn signal lights in the rear are just ugly. Anyone replaced the stock ones with after market signals? What kind? Easy install, or lots of screwing around? Any pics would be appreciated.

Oh, did a search as well and turned up nothing, but I am notorious with my friends for my lack of search engine skills. ;)

Below are some pics of the bike. I've done a few mods. Euro font signals, sato rearsets, Goodridge lines, EBC HH pads, wire jump mod, and Motivation frame sliders and bar ends. Up next will be suspension upgrades and maybe an akro exhaust.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
you can get an intigrated signal, so your break lights double as your turn signals, i think that is what i am going to do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by helo-pilot
you can get an intigrated signal, so your break lights double as your turn signals, i think that is what i am going to do.
Yeah, I really debated about getting a CA taillight, but I think that I still want seperate signals and tail light. These cagers here in Vancouver can barely make it down the street without killing themselves, so I don't want to confuse them any more than they already are.[}:)]

·
Registered
810 Posts
Get a clear alternatives integrated turn signal housing. Easy install and it looks nice.

Or try the BMW turn signal setup that some people have tried. That looks kick ass

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by helo-pilot
havent made up my mind about these yet. what do yall think

www.sportbike creations.net
www.sportbike creations.net/footpegs.htm

they signals go on the rear pegs
I don't think that those will work on our style of rear pegs. The reason is that they are solid brackets, and there is no where to hide the wires.

To the last question, yes that's a Shoei helmet. You can barely see it through the visor.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by Death Dealer

I don't think that those will work on our style of rear pegs. The reason is that they are solid brackets, and there is no where to hide the wires.quote]

Plenty of people have put LEDs in our pegs on the '03-'04 and the '05-'06, so yes its possible.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Do you have any pics of what they look like from the front side?

The bikes that I've seen them on have always had like U-Shaped metal that made the bracket, whereas the ones on my 05 are solid. Hope that makes sense because it's kinda hard to explain.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Thats one thing I relaly disliked about the 636 was the gawdy, bouncy turn signals. I didn't want integraters or flushmounts because I wanted my signals to be visible during the day. I found these and relaly liked them. Had to be a little clever with the install, but it still only took me an hour or two.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i dont have any pics of the ones in the pegs, i am planning on calling the guy, hopefully this week, (if i remember) and ask for some pics. if i get them ill let yall know.

but i think they would be totally awsome if you could hide the wires with out them being seen.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome..thanks for all the replys everyone. Solganza's tail lights look freakin' wicked. That was a beauty of a find Shifty. Thanks. I think that that just might be the solution I'm looking for. Looks clean and tidy as well.

So anyone know where to find these signals? Ebay? Dealership?
Also, what model BMW are they off of? Just so I have a clue. LOL

Great job guys. Appreciate all the help. And yes, the helmet is a Shoei. An x-11. So comfy. like a pillow on my head!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nevermind, they are E-46 BMW fender signals. Now to get my hands on some. Maybe I'll take a walk down the street now[}:)][}:)]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by oceanoasis
Nevermind, they are E-46 BMW fender signals. Now to get my hands on some. Maybe I'll take a walk down the street now[}:)][}:)]

What are you planning to keep them on with. I think they look sweet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Question... are there any DOT approved flush-mount turn signals for a 2005 ZX-6R? For the front signals. Not the rear... for the rear... I want to keep the stock ones.

I've come across numerous flushmount front turn signals, but none of them are DOT approved and I know several people who were ticketed for not having DOT approved turn lights in Southern Cali.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hey, what are you doing with my helmet. I'm the only one around here I see with that one. Oh well, you can keep yours, seeing as you're in Canada.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.