Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've had about enough of this shit....the last two days I'm riding to work down a two-lane highway in the left lane....there's absolutely no place to go, both the left and right lanes are congested but moving at about 70 mph....and some asshole in an Audi(yesterday it was a Buick) gets right up on my ass like I'm choosing to do only 70 mph and I should be getting out of the way....

So I turn halfway around and stick my left arm out like.."Where the fuck are you gonna go motherfucker???"

Doesn't even phase him....

Anyone out there have any good tactics to get these mf's off your tail?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Handfull of ball bearings for one! I think a lot of us have the same problem. Its been discussed here before not too long ago. What sucks is (like you said)you don't have an out in case you need one...Fuckers don't realize we can stop a whole lot quicker than they can...

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your hand gestures don't work, it's best just to pull off the road and let them go by. It's a better choice to keep yourself out of harms way. These kind of cagers just don't get it and they never will.

·
Registered
33 Posts
it would be cool if you had a little LED scrolling marquee thing on the back of your bike and a easy way to enter messages into it, so you could tell the tailgater to back the f_ck off [:p]

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If you're an ass hole (like me) with some riding ability (like me) then this tactic is for you:

ALWAYS give the offending tailgater a chance to back off by a waving gesture. If this fails, the finger is the next step. If the driver still does not comply, brake check them lightly. If this fails, brake check them hard. Only the most idiotic of drivers won't understand what you're doing. Only once have I had one guy actually get closer after trying this over the years. At this point I stopped in the middle of the road and they sped off! It was a 35mp/h zone.

Remember, don't try this unless you're good on the brakes and better at getting back on the gas. It's worked everytime for me (well all but aforementioned one time). If you get hurt or run over doing this, I am not responsible for your lack of ability to ride a bike in this manner.

Have fun.

·
Registered
331 Posts
this happened to me just this morning on the way to work. i gave her the brake tap a few times; that did nothing. so i turned around and kinda gave her the 'stop' signal like a crossing guard. she finally realized and backed off.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I feel the same way as Strong Bad give em a couple of warnings then brake check em a time or two then just stop in the middle of the road and 9 times out of 10 they get the hell away from you. The other time usually ends up in a fight!:DJust remember to keep that wrist ready to twist or you could get run over. We stop a lot quicker than they do!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
"Just remember to keep that wrist ready to twist or you could get run over. We stop a lot quicker than they do!"

Yes Dman, which is why I pointed out why I'm not responsible if you get run over!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Or you could grab a shitload of throttle while also grabbing a shitload of frontbrake, and give 'em a smoke screen from hell.[8D]

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not that I am saying to do this...but if all else fails....lane split slow up and puch their mirror...If go get a good down ward hit the mirror will fall off and bang agaist the car door...next is to get the hell out of there...I have seen this done by a riding buddy on the So Ca freeway...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now that's ballsy.....especially in rush hour traffic

now if I'm on the interstate off hours and somebody's being a jerkoff I would consider it, but hell rush hour in northern NJ you can't squeeze anywhere

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey the best thing to do is just progressivly slow down! That will piss them off. They will have to be a real asshole to stay on your tail. With all the extra space in front of you, you can fuck with them by speeding up if they try to pass. That will get them off your ass.

Craig

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was with him at the time so it was scary...I was behind so I didn't know if the mirror was going to end up with me...we slowed so the diver could get a plate number...cross three lanes of traffic and hit the next exit (the car passed the exit)....

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
times like those call for stealthplate

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I brake check people when I am driving my old one ton Chevy truck but the thing weighs more than 6,000 lbs and the rear bumper weighs more than a Dodge Neon. On a bike it is probably not a good idea. A marble is a cheap effective tool if you are a anarchist like me. I will break a windshield faster than you can say anarchist and the guy won't know what hit him if you do you part right. Just drop a couple. I have also been known to lane split to get out of their way even though it is not legal in Texas.

In any conflict between a car and a bike the bike is gonna lose. Just pull off if you have to.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I know this is not gonna be a popular answer, but here goes. I think it's wiser to just communicate to him that he's too close. If he's still tailgating, just let him pass if you can (don't waste your time, effort, and stress on some useless asshole). And if you can't let him pass (no other lanes to go) don't be stressed, just be aware that because of his close following distance, you have to brake a little more slowly for safety's sake.

The reason I don't suggest using the finger wave is because you're on a bike, and the dude is in a car. If he's really psycho, he can kill you or seriously injure you. Contrast that with the payoff -- just being able to express your anger and "teach him a lesson." As for a brake check -- well, in my point of view, you're putting your life in the hands of some dude that you're trying to piss off. You know, like opening a lion's mouth, sticking it in, and hoping that it's not gonna chomp it off? You could look good if you pull it off. But if you don't.... Anyway, your choice.

That said, if you wanna damage his car, I heard that you can use small pieces of ceramic (like by crushing a spark plug), which can crack his windshield despite its small size (because of its high density and sharpness). But if you do this, that's like declaring war, and you can very well get killed.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by micty

That said, if you wanna damage his car, I heard that you can use small pieces of ceramic (like by crushing a spark plug), which can crack his windshield despite its small size (because of its high density and sharpness). But if you do this, that's like declaring war, and you can very well get killed.
"Ninja rocks"(it's what they're called here) only work on glass, and most car windshields are made of plexiglass, so this method would probably not work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm with mcity, just let him by or move away from him. All the other suggestions sound great and I would love to do all of them to ignorant cagers, but if you do you are going to declare war. You never know how some people will react in situations like this and you just might end up being a statistic.
Just relax, be mindful of the situation, they will get their just deserts.

Keep safe out there guys

Corbywan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Which ever you decide on doing... don't forget to keep your focus on the traffic ahead and not be overly distracted by the idiot behind you. Brake check, drop the left hand palm side up (WTF), hit the hazards while slowly drifting side to side... or, stand up & point to your ass, then give the stop sign. No use getting pissed, he/she doesn't give a rat's ass about your day.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.