Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have the Clear Alternatives integrated taillights??
are they any good??
is there another company making those?

your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've had the front are rear smoked lights from CA for about 3 months now with absolutely "0" complaints. Great product. [8D]

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
i have it but you need to remember to reuse the rubber gromit or watever its called from the stock tailight or the fitment will be off and there will be a gap. I learned this the hard way after i already threw my old one out. So now im stuck with a 1/4 inch gap but i still like it. Also when installing the plug is really hard to get in you gotta use a lot of muscle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I finally ordered mine too. Should be here soon. Can't wait. I just went with the clear rear for now cause I don't know what fronts I want yet. I was going to go all clear and then all blue but I might just go clear rear and then orange fronts. LOL.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
DO a search quick for "clear alternative" and "search in subject only". It will display almost 60 topics for your viewing pleasure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GT636 - how bright are the smoked taillights?

i was thinking about the red ones, im just worried that the blinkers might be red instead of amber.

·
Registered
514 Posts
CA integrated tailights are very nice and very bright. The only thing I could semi-complain about is the fit because i'm a bit anal when things don't fit neatly. Mine just has a slight gap between the edge of the tail and the plastic on the tailight. But, I've never had a problem with water getting in there and messing anything up. So, it's not really a cause for concern....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wharthog3II- thanks but i already ordered mine. i got the red lens instead of the smoked. I talked to someone from CA and they told me on the red lens, when i signal right/left, the light would come out amber.. since your in cali, any problems with cops when you had the CA taillights on?

thanks guys for the feed back, as you see, i did get one!
i got some mods now on my bike, ill post pics of the bike real soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had mine for a couple of weeks now and I'm very impressed. Was a little concerned when I read in a few places that neither the red nor amber LEDs were very bright but mine are visible even in daylight. As mentioned before, make sure you save the little eyeglass-looking rubber insulator from the stock light and install it on the CA light before fitting the whole thing to the tail or you will have a gap up top.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like them as opposed to having those stock blinkers that stick out and flop up and down on bumpy roads/freeways.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine is finally here and installed. Just a few tweaks and should be ready to roll.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.