Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't think you'll be able to... it's an LED light, with one lead to it. I'm not sure what kinda work you'd have to get into to split it, or if you even could. It's not like the older models with two bulbs and two lines you could split fairly easily.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
303 Posts
sorry bud there is no kit... if you did find a way to integrate then you would still have to find a way to seperate the left from right since there isn't 2 seperate lights as dj said... good luck

yellow = fast

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
You'll more than likely have to make you're own (or purchase) a tail eliminator kit and drill so you can mount turn signals. That's what most people with '03s have had to do. Unless you are an electrician and find a way to seperate a whole array of LED's into two sections, that's pretty much your only option.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds to me like you don't mean an integrator kit (a kit which enables you to use the BRAKE light for directional signalling as well) but an ELIMINATOR kit (a kit which allows mounting of a plate and signals after removing the huge-ass fender from the undertail)...

The eliminator kits are available from several sources, including Targa, Competition Werkes, Huge Industries, Graphics Art Moto Design, LP, and more... or, as I did, you could make your own...

This topic will help you remove your mudguard / fender, from there, do a search on "eliminator" or "fender eliminator" on this forum and you will come up with a wealth of links for different places to buy 'em and many many pics and comments... Good luck !!!

Here's the link for mudguard removal:

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2171

and here's an update with some pics /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2716

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has gotta be my most FAQ... lol...

The signals I'm running right now front and rear are LP SS2 short stalks, and they're the carbon/iridium models. The bracket on the rear I had made by a buddy who works at a shop, cost me $5 once we had one for him to copy... the original one was $50. I just painted it up once I got it back, mounted it with some spongy washers to keep the metal off the plastic on the undertail, and bingo - in biz...

The front ones were more difficult, since the stock signals are FARGIN HUGE like the hole they leave in the fairing... so I bought an adaptor kit from Huge Industries (www.hugeindustries.com) that worked out beautifully. Got pics coming soon to show you what I mean...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cessna...Its a nice chunk of change but you could go this way http://www.vfxkits.com/pr_6r.html I am thinking of doing it. I dont really need all the bells and whistles but I think it looks sharp.....Actually i think the price in canadian dollars so it would be 215 usa and I think they have a core charge so it would be even cheaper as long as you send them your taillight assembly

·
Registered
43 Posts
yo dave, you can go to www.customdynamics.com for a tail light integrator kit. it's only 45 bucks. this one only flashes red. i've seen some that flash yellow through the brake light, but i'm sure they're more expensive. i'll tell you if i find any more.

trautman

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.