Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody do a homemade taillight conversion on an 02? i want to put in LED's in the tail and get rid of the turnsignals in back completely. i saw a guy the other day on an r1, when he braked his taillights went in circles kind of. i dont know how to explain it exactly. looked good. anybody done or seen what im talking about?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yup, special led bulbs to do the circles trick, and a trailer wiring converter to make the normal brake/marker lights turn into turn/brake/marker lights.

Pretty easy conversion, overall.
BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had some of those lights in my old Gixxer. Cool as SH*T. Im lookin for an intergrator kit similar to the 03 R1 model now for my 636. On my buddies R1 when he signals, the outter edges of his brake lights turn yellow. I think that would look great on my bike ; soon as somebody gets around to manufacturing one. Thats the problem with new model bikes, oh well www.hotbodiesracing.com is in the process of making an undertail with LED turnsignals installed as well.

G

·
0 Posts
josh1095_1, a friend of mine owns a local shop and gets requests for diffrent mods including this particular one also he records the process on video for customers that prefer to do the work themselves, if it will help i will talk to him and see if he has this particular video.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
is it possible to intregate the turn signals into the brake light and to other rear turn signals? i have flushmounts on mine and i want to be sure everyone sees them.

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by arturo3rd

is it possible to intregate the turn signals into the brake light and to other rear turn signals?
Yes. I did this with my led undertail. Just parallel the flushmounts into the inegrator signal input.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yes...now i have a new mod to put on:D

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.