Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my bike (2002 ZX6R) has been sitting for a while and I go to start it, it turns over several (5 or so) times then it sounds like it got a weak start. Anyone know whats going on? If I know how to add sound clips, I would.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
WHEN MINE SITS FOR A LIL WHILE ITS HARD TO START AND IT SOUNDS WEEK AND CHOPPY TILL IT WARMS UP A LIL.. ALL MY BOYS GOT NEWER FUEL INJECTED 1000'S AND THERES ARE LIKE VROOOOM... MINES LIKE BUR BUR BUR BUR BUR LOL ITS ALL GOOD THO

·
Registered
38 Posts
mine does something that sounds like the original post. Basically I can go riding, hot day, cool day, whatever. The bike will be say 200 degrees, and when I park it for about 15 mins, then go to start it, the starter tries for about 10 seconds before it'll start up unless I blip the throttle a little (in which case it'll start up quicker, but revv high because i'm on the throttle). I brought it by the kawi dealer (not a good dealer here in gville) and they talked to one of the national kawi techs on the phone and decided it was 'normal.' I don't really buy it's normal but I have a note about my bike and VIN in there so if my starter goes bad just outside warranty those fuckers are buying a new one. My old ninja 500, a 1995, started more easily than this bike. I don't get it.

bret

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.