Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy who owns a moto shop sold a guy a GSXR1000, he calls back demanding that their is no oil in the bike. We said "How do you know?"

He said, "I opened the filler cap and stuck my finger in and it was bone dry"

:Laughing rolling:

So after we told him about the sight glass, he goes...."Well, the oil light is on and it won't turn off" So he starts yelling and demanding a refund. Me and my buddy go over to the guy's house and we turn the switch on. He goes "SEE, the oil light is on!!!"

We turn the bike on and of course it goes away :lol: We're like "It always comes on when you turn the bike on...it's telling you there is no oil pressure because the bike is not running obviously."

Then he says "Well none of my other bikes had these fancy lights on it" :eek:

I don't think I've ever been in a car or ridden a street bike that didn't have an oil light....man that was so funny, this dude should not be on the mighty GNXR.

There's more funny parts, but that's the shortened version

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
6 feet under in a week. Place your bets guys!

·
Neutered
9,683 Posts
Oh crap...think your buddy can hook me up with a deal on the salvaged remains in a week or two? I could use a project bike that's actually street legal. :D

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
id be homeless if i was a salesman, dont think i could ever sell liters to anybody unless they proved they were worthy...

That's how my buddy feels. He actually sold it to a police officer who bought it for his son. After that comment, he seriously told him he'd give him his money back. So we'll see what the dad/son decide.

We had this chick the other day who tried to buy a liter bike and we turned her away because she had never ridden. She just liked the "look" of it

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
That's how my buddy feels. He actually sold it to a police officer who bought it for his son. After that comment, he seriously told him he'd give him his money back. So we'll see what the dad/son decide.

We had this chick the other day who tried to buy a liter bike and we turned her away because she had never ridden. She just liked the "look" of it
when i bought my bike there was a chick that was about 5'2 there with her dad trying to convince him to by her a purple busa "because it was low enough for her feet and such a pretty color" my buddy and i just laughed and told the girl she is crazy if she thinks she can handle that bike.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
@ the oillightidiot and purplebusagirl...don't people do any research at all before buying a bike??! I mean come on, these things are dangerous, they're not kid's toys...

·
Registered
91 Posts
This guy I know from the MSF class bought the same bike as mine after I told how I had been looking at it for months. The first time we rode together he told me the guys in his new bike crew told him that he didn't need to follow any break in period and to ride it like he stole it. I told him he better make sure to get the 600 mile tune up. He said his boys told him he would be a fool to give all that money to the stealership. The cup thing on your handlbars is where your front oil goes and the little cup behind the rear foot pegs is where your rear oil goes. You just have to top them off when they get low!! I wish I could have been there when he tried to buy some front oil!! LOL

At first I was pissed that he got the same bike as me (the black 07 ZX-6R) a week before me and then acted all surprised that I still got that bike. But then I realized that he wouldn't have his long enough to be upset about it! LOL

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
This guy I know from the MSF class bought the same bike as mine after I told how I had been looking at it for months. The first time we rode together he told me the guys in his new bike crew told him that he didn't need to follow any break in period and to ride it like he stole it. I told him he better make sure to get the 600 mile tune up. He said his boys told him he would be a fool to give all that money to the stealership. The cup thing on your handlbars is where your front oil goes and the little cup behind the rear foot pegs is where your rear oil goes. You just have to top them off when they get low!! I wish I could have been there when he tried to buy some front oil!! LOL
I wouldn't say those things he said are necessarily stupid... The break in is definately open to debate. I, for one, find the recommended break in to be bullshit.

And the 600mile service can be done on your own too. You don't need to pay the dealer to do it.

The front and rear oil thing... Well, that's a little strange.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wouldn't say those things he said are necessarily stupid... The break in is definately open to debate. I, for one, find the recommended break in to be bullshit.

And the 600mile service can be done on your own too. You don't need to pay the dealer to do it.

The front and rear oil thing... Well, that's a little strange.

Yea the break in thing is up for debate. But do you think someone who thinks his brake fluid reserviors are for his front and real oil should be doing the 600 mile service on his first bike? I think his biker gang ( I think they called them selves Biker Boyz or something!) were messing with him!! LOL

·
My Brute is weak
41,597 Posts
He definately sounds like a bike moron. His friends probably knew what they were talking about but he doesn't understand the reasons behind break in and first service so it sounds like BS when he tells someone else.

·
Registered
91 Posts
He definately sounds like a bike moron. His friends probably knew what they were talking about but he doesn't understand the reasons behind break in and first service so it sounds like BS when he tells someone else.
I don't think he ever got a chance to test out his oil change trick seeing that he totalled it before he hit 600 miles.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen at my shop, but it was with a ZX10R... Don't think that stupidity is limited to Suzuki riders :D!

·
Registered
647 Posts
My buddy who owns a moto shop sold a guy a GSXR1000, he calls back demanding that their is no oil in the bike..........There's more funny parts, but that's the shortened version
I want more details. C'mon bro, you can't do us like that. Tell us all the funny parts. I know, I for one, would love to work at a bike dealership just for the joy of pure uncut and free entertainment. lol

6 feet under in a week. Place your bets guys!
All right, I got the next hour right after VanHalen, cause I think they will come out to ride later at night, cause it's way cooler when you can't see shit - I'm pretty sure outriding your headlight on a litre is pretty easy, especially if all you are doing is straight aways.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.