Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if i put this in the right catagory but..... I plan on takin classes in the spring, and as of right now i dont know too much about bikes except for what my boyfriend has informed me. I wanna start lookin for bikes, what are some suggestions for bikes? I am 5'll", and want a bike that will fit me (if ya know what im saying) What do u suggest for a beginners bike?

Thanks,
Tinababy ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yes i know..... thats y i am takin the classes and a 250?..... can u translate, remember i know nothin about bikes ....

tina baby

·
Registered
449 Posts
the course will put you on a 250cc bike. I have a 636 which mean i have 636 cubic centimeters for a motor. Liter bike = 1000cc, 750 = 750cc etc... start off something small and work your way up.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
yes. smaller/slower = easier to get comfortable with and less likely for u to make a costly mistake
exactly, dont go spend 8000 for a first bike. Get a bike thats comfortable then go to performace or whatever yout wanting out of a bike. (when your ready)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks now.... we are on kawasaki forums, and i love kawasaki bike but what make and model would u reccomend for me? From what i heard from stories suzuki doesnt hold up to well at high speeds...

Tina baby

·
Registered
449 Posts
Originally posted by Xtinababy636
ok thanks now.... we are on kawasaki forums, and i love kawasaki bike but what make and model would u reccomend for me? From what i heard from stories suzuki doesnt hold up to well at high speeds...

Tina baby
well your not going to be going at "high speeds" Honda and suzuki are susposed to be the most comfy.

G

·
nope they tend to break apart at high speeds. dont get suzuki. lol

go with a ninja 250. cheap, slow, good entry leve bike.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I would say a Kawi 250, but if you are 5'11 I would say a Kawasaki EX500, or a Suzuki GS500. 250's are freakin tiny. Its not like a 500 is going to rip the handlebars out of your hands anyway. And if you get a Kawi 500, they havent changed in like 20 years it seems (ok, thats a bit dramatic, but still....) so parts interchange well and they are everywhere.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
[:+1] on the EX500/500R bikes. I started on one of these and its a better bike to start on if speed is going to be an issue for you. The 250 while very easy to handle for girls is still kinda slow. The 500 has a little more pep so it will take a little longer to outgrow, giving you more experience if you do decided to move up to a faster bike. Plus at 5'11" a 250 will probably feel like a bicycle. The Suzuki GS500 is also a good starter bike, and no they don't fall apart. Not quite a quick as the Ninja 500 but still a quality learner bike.
But as others have said I wouldn't go any bigger than a 500cc bike for a beginner.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by ninjakid04636
bikes can kill u. start off with a 250 and get as much training as u can
Never mind the fact that we both got 636s as our first bikes :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'd say go with the 250 or a 500. You will have a much greater margin for error than on a 600. Btw, don't go by only engine size. There is a world of difference between the power output of the 2-cyl 500cc engine and the 4-cyl 60cc engine.

I started this year on a 500 and I'm happy I did. I'm sure I've made some mistakes that would have been much worse if I was on a 6r. Go to the dealer, sit on them and see what is comfotable for you too.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.