Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to maybe take off my stickers on my green 6r but I am hesitant because I have heard you can see where they were in the clearcoat. Are the stickers on the 05 zx6r laid down in the clearcoat, because to me it looks like if you take them off there will be no indentation. Am I wrong? If anyone has picks of a stickerless green 05-06 6r post em up.

N

·
0 Posts
all the decals are over the clearcoat except the one on the tank

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Sticker on a gas tank is clear coated. Leave that in place. All others can go. Here's my bike right after I bought it and how it looks now. No signs or color fading after they were removed. You be a judge :) And all it takes is a hairdryer and don't cut your nails for a couple days, LOL

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
Originally posted by JCP636
i took them all off with just a blowdryer and my fingernail, except the one on the tank. Thats the only one with the clear coat over it.
nerijusj - 07/19/2006 : 02:36 AM
Sticker on a gas tank is clear coated. Leave that in place

ninjakid04636 - 07/19/2006 : 02:31 AM

hey hey, make sure you leave the one on the tank alone because it has a clear coat over it

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Originally posted by kawizx6r05

nerijusj - 07/19/2006 : 02:36 AM
Sticker on a gas tank is clear coated. Leave that in place

ninjakid04636 - 07/19/2006 : 02:31 AM

hey hey, make sure you leave the one on the tank alone because it has a clear coat over it
Haha thats what I was going to say...

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
nerijusj we need some more pics of that bike of yours..Please, high resolution pics are a good thing..

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I'm going to at least take the gas tank stickers off (not the Kawasaki stickers, folks) today..... the ones that suggest gas octane and tell you how to break the bike in. Hope I don't have any problems with fading.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm going to at least take the gas tank stickers off (not the Kawasaki stickers, folks) today..... the ones that suggest gas octane and tell you how to break the bike in. Hope I don't have any problems with fading. [\quote]

So, is it only the Kawi sticker on the tank that is clear coated and NOT the break-in & gas type stickers?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Exactly. Only the Kawasaki stickers right there on the tank. Not the octane, or break-in stickers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.