Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my rear sets off. I want to get them powder coated black. Need some help getting them off.

I have an idea and it seems pretty simple but want to make sure before I start. I see allen key bolts and I know I have to take off shift rod. Any guidance to make this a simple job?

And, If anyone has an extra bolt for the rear set, please let me know.

I was riding home and one of the bolts came out of my left rear set. Couldn't fuckin shift out of 1st. 25 mph all the way home. For once I had to waive cars around me :mad:. Can I just put another bolt in or does it have to be the same type that came out?

Thanks

Dee

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,123 Posts
I want to take my rear sets off. I want to get them powder coated black. Need some help getting them off.

I have an idea and it seems pretty simple but want to make sure before I start. I see allen key bolts and I know I have to take off shift rod. Any guidance to make this a simple job?

I was riding home and one of the bolts came out of my left rear set. Couldn't fuckin shift out of 1st. 25 mph all the way home. For once I had to waive cars around me :mad:. Can I just put another bolt in or does it have to be the same type that came out?

Thanks

Dee

Righty-Tighty, Lefty-Lucy??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

Thanks

Dee
if u dont care about the bolts matching then just find out the thread pitch and use a bolt that would hold it in place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts