Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All. I got to say this was my best Tally TD ever. My first to start in 'I' and I got my knee down after fixing my form (hitting hard parts is not fun) in the second session in the right hander. By forth session I was getting my knee down on a few of left hand corners and by the 8th I had it down in every corner including the chicane! I posted my best lap time on that lap of 124.4 that’s 2.1 second better :eek:. I ran low 25's and high 24's the rest of the day (after my two warm-up laps).

X-Act puts on a great event not one person when down... a couple of run offs but that was it. Peter and all :thumbup:

Special thanks to the RPM instructor & Wizard that told me to powder my seat (last TD). That did the trick. Much easier to come off when you are not sticking to the seat. Also to Fencer who told me about my foot position. I am now putting some of the flat part of my foot up against the rear-set, and keeping my toes tucked in. Once I got that the knee came easy!

By next time hopefully I have have body work and a new exhaust :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Congrats to you and your knee. The pictures look a little blury. How fast were you going?

Did you get your racing license? RPM is one of the schools where you can get a license after you finish with them.

What kind of rear sets are you using? Actually tell us how your bike is set up.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bone Stock... no mods :D running 93octane and water wetter and water in my radiator.

No Race license, I don't know if I am going to race. I like Track Days. As far as speed, I never look. They tell you not to. I look at the tach about 3 times around the track, and only on the straights.

My HotBodies bodywork should be here by Friday. I have Bridgestone 090 Pro's in the garage. I have to get some stands to change from my stock Bridgestone's. I was going for the Woodcraft rearsets but I have read there are problems with our 08's and the brakes. I am also going with the AreaP exhaust and a dynojet kit. I am going to mirror the bikes out in Cali that are racing. They are pumping out 30 to 33HP

http://www.racebikerentals.com/

These pictures are from previous track days 1st, 2nd, 3rd weekends. Not sure if there was a photog this time. X-ACT is a small org

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have the Woodcraft rearsets and there is no problem with the rear brake. Actually you can hook up the rear brake or leave it off (if you want a few extra hp ;). The only thing you want to watch out for is the tube that goes from the reservoir to the rear master cylender. When you move the mounting of the master cylender from the stock rearset to the Woodcraft, there ends up being more slack in this tube. During hard cornering it is possible that this tube touches the rear tire and gets a shave. Even though there is an extra outer covoring, you don't want this to happen. There is an easy fix to this problem. All you have to do is take this tube off and cut off about an inch or so and put it back on. Presto...you have new rearsets with perfectly working rear brakes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the Woodcraft raarsets and there is no problem with the rear brake. Actually you can hook up the rear brake or leave it off (if you want a few extra hp). The only thing you want to watch out for is the tube that goes from the reservoir to the rear master cylender. When you move the mounting of the master cylender from the stock rearset to the Woodcraft, there ends up being more slack in this tube. During hard cornering it is possible that this tube touches the rear tire and gets a shave. Even though there is an extra outer covoring, you don't want this to happen. There is an easy fix to this problem. All you have to do is take this tube off and cut off about an inch or so iland put it back on. Presto...you have new rearsets with perfectly working rear brakes.
Yeah that is what I was reading it causes a kink in the brakeline. So you just cut the rubber tube? Or is in metal? do you have any pix?

·
Registered
298 Posts
the tube is a rubber tube with a second rubber tube on the outside (for protection I'm assuming). I believe I did take some pictures, I will have to check when I get home. If I didn't take any pictures, I can take some pictures of my bike as it sits now so you can see at least what the finished product looks like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the tube is a rubber tube with a second rubber tube on the outside (for protection I'm assuming). I believe I did take some pictures, I will have to check when I get home. If I didn't take any pictures, I can take some pictures of my bike as it sits now so you can see at least what the finished product looks like.
sweet... have you gotten it on the track yet? If not have you gotten a knee? I guess what I should be asking is do you lose any ground clearance with the new rearsets vs factory?

·
Registered
298 Posts
no track for me yet, but I can tell you that you gain ground clearance with the Woodcraft rearsets. With the stock rearsets I was hitting the feelers on the ground on my weekend rides. With the Woodcraft rearsets, I have yet to touch the pegs down, actually you will hit your pipe before you will touch your pegs...ask me how I know ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL i hit my kickstand yesterday and the back tire got all crazy... ergo my mention of hard parts... I fixed my body position to give me the extra room.

But that settles it I will order them anyway. Anyone know why they got pulled from the aftermarket list sticky?

·
Registered
298 Posts
you will like them and they are an easy install too. Like I said, when I get home, I will see if I have any pictures from you. If not I will take some tomorrow for you to see what you have to do to your rear tubes.

·
Registered
298 Posts
pics as promissed.

side angle

here is the tube(s) that you need to cut, notice that it has no slack.

here is a back view for good measure so you can see how straight the line is and that it can't get caught up on anything

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:banana: my god... its like you turned a light on form me! I see NP I will order them. Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
298 Posts
i got mine directly from Woodcraft. I just realized that you can see my chicken strips really well in these pictures, lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nah theres no strips :) that's just the flash bouncing off the dirt on the tires from the garage :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.