Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a matching tank bra for my 2000 zx6r as soon as possible for as cheap as possible. Anyone know where to get a second-look or comparable bra for less money?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
i think they're on sale frmo kawasaki.com for that year. i got a perfectly matching one for my 02 at about $100, but the older the bike the cheaper it is. look, you can't even tell i have a bra on. [:p]
/forum/uploads/NinjaRider/bikes006.jpg

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You might want to look at Tank Slapers. They are clear plastic (like window tint) held in place by static electricity. They cost about $15 for a set that includes the back of the tank and the two knee indentations. I have them on my bike and they work well and from a distance you can't tell they are there.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I second swjohnsey

I just put the tank slapper on and no one knows it there. install takes some time to get it smooth but well worth the clean look.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get you a matching tank bra for $50...looks EXTREMELY close to the second-look model. Fits an 00 ZX6R. For $65, I can get it for an 01 ZX6r Contact Scott at 817-239-3102 or [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I just ordered mines. I'll post results once I install but by the looks of it, I think they will work nicely.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been told they cause the paint to fade unevenly like bras do for cars.
It won't really matter if you dont take it off when a few years go by

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Originally posted by thasher917

I've been told they cause the paint to fade unevenly like bras do for cars.
It won't really matter if you dont take it off when a few years go by

Paul
The tankslapper or the Bra?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah sunlight goes thru the plastic so it won't cause fading. I've had mine on and off and there is no diff. I recommend getting the little squeegee that they sell too, or get one somewhere. It applies best right after wazing, and use hot soapy water. it's kind of an art form. My first attempts had massive air bubbles, but I have it perfected now (so anyone can do it if I can).

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Well, 10 days later....

.....i'm still waiting for the tank slapper to arrive.

Any of you had problems with this company?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I appoligize to the good people at tankslapper. My order had arrived and it had been sitting in the super's apartment for a couple of days already.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.