Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unless you want to repaint the whole tank, I would not advise taking that off.
It is indeed under the clearcoat, so leave it there.

Whats with everyone wanting to remove all the decals? I can see some of the junky ones, but Im proud to ride a Kawasaki, so I display it.

------

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
355 Posts
I am proud... but I just wanted to replace it.. the tank decal is sorta fading or something... it was like a cream, but not looks kinda splochy... as for the ZX6r and Ninja stickers on the fairings... those are finally coming off. I had the purple stock stickers on for a while, but with a red bike... I think I'm going to go with the carbon fiber stickers or black...
As for showing pride, my fiancee has an R1.. If I didn't love my 6R, I would have traded her a long time ago..

------

I think it was Charlie Brown who said it best when he replied..."What?"

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have to admit, the tank sticker to me looks a little to "blocky". It would have been better if they used a different font or something. I looked at it too and realized it was under the clear coat. Damn the bad luck...And yes I am proud to be on a KAWI, wouldn't have it any other way!!!

------

"The Famous Mr. Ed"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Has anyone taken off the kawasaki decal on their tank? I was going to start taking it off yesterday, but after looking at it, I didn't know if there was some sort of clear coat over it, and I would be screwing myself over trying to replace the sticker...

Thanks in advance..

------

·
Registered
700 Posts
cdn,
that is a subtle yet dope mod. if you don't mind me askin, how'd ya do that?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had ordered a set of carbon look decals off ebay, the whole set,not just these.. and a couple weeks later Boy Racer droped his subframe on my tank (and his) and put a big scratch in the paint ( we had the bikes apart over winter while polishing the frame).

So when they were repainting it, I asked em to put these decals on instead.

------

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
355 Posts
It looks sweet.. I was just about to orger the carbon look off ebay as well... but, I knew there was a twist...

------

·
Registered
700 Posts
ahh..thanks man

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ironically I spoke with someone from tapeworks.com about decals
His answer when it came to the tank decal-----Good luck you'll have to sand the tank and repaint and re-clearcoat to get to the decal!!

Paul

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
CdnNinja, how much did it cost to have your tank repainted? Someone dented mine and I am considering getting it repaired or replaced not sure of which one yet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i believe that there are decals that you can buy that are a direct fit. This means that you can cover up the kawasaki on the tank and replace with the color you want. dont remember the site. I will post when i do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.