Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

It's really hard to read what you wrote when it is just ONE HUGE PARAGRAPH.

If you still want to deal with Targa, I would call them and tell them that their error caused you a bank fee of $45 bucks and either you want them to reimburse you the 45 bucks since it was their error or give you a $45 buck credit towards your next order.

You have to be specific. Tell them what you want. I am sure they can absorb $45 bucks off a $250 buck order, even if they discounted say 10% off the hugger (25 bucks) and then maybe shipped the item for free. It is worth a shot.

Also, I don't know who you bank with, but if you call your bank and show that it was a double debit ad not your fault, the bank should be willing to reverse the bounced check fee's.

Good luck.

-Flash

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey dude sounds like you got a cranky salesperson. Dealt with Targa on 3 different occasions. On of the items I ordered through their website--- gold gas tank bolts----- was linked to the wrong part # and they sent me out the correct part immediately no additional charge and told me to return the incorrect part at my earliest convience.

You should ask for a supervisor 9 out of 10 times asking for a supervisor of any company gets you want you want

In case you wondering hers what the Targa hugger looks like---
/forum/uploads/thasher917/resized1.jpg
/forum/uploads/thasher917/resized3.jpg

Paul

·
Registered
251 Posts
Like I said I was rambling I had just got off the phone with them ......... so i apologise for the one long paragraph.

And i was specific, I asked them if they would give me a small discount on the hugger and ship it for free and all that they would do is ship it for free. That amounts to $14.50 because I live two hours away.

And yeah the bank will probably work with me on it, I just got frustrated by the Targa people.

Thanks for the reply ........... I just wanted to get the word out about what happened to me.

Casey
Originally posted by Flash Ahhh

Hey,

It's really hard to read what you wrote when it is just ONE HUGE PARAGRAPH.

If you still want to deal with Targa, I would call them and tell them that their error caused you a bank fee of $45 bucks and either you want them to reimburse you the 45 bucks since it was their error or give you a $45 buck credit towards your next order.

You have to be specific. Tell them what you want. I am sure they can absorb $45 bucks off a $250 buck order, even if they discounted say 10% off the hugger (25 bucks) and then maybe shipped the item for free. It is worth a shot.

Also, I don't know who you bank with, but if you call your bank and show that it was a double debit ad not your fault, the bank should be willing to reverse the bounced check fee's.

Good luck.

-Flash

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks for the response Nofear, I will check out that site .......... I see that you are in SoCal maybe we will bump into each other on the road sometime. And thanks for the Semper Fi, I just got back from Iraq and my wife had bought me the bike of my dreams a brand new blue 636. What a great wife :)

And Thrasher, That is a very sweet bike (I love the color) hahaha! It kind of dissapointed me because I really like some of the products that targa has to offer. I talked to a salesman and I talked to the accounting supervisor .......... neither had anything to offer other than giving me free shipping on my next purchase (14.50). Like I said they could have even just given me like $20 bucks off and I would have been ok with it. It was just kind of insulting and didnt seem like the way that any business should be run. Certainly not the way that I would run one.

Thanks, Casey

·
Registered
185 Posts
Originally posted by sclong

Thanks for the response Nofear, I will check out that site .......... I see that you are in SoCal maybe we will bump into each other on the road sometime. And thanks for the Semper Fi, I just got back from Iraq and my wife had bought me the bike of my dreams a brand new blue 636. What a great wife :)

And Thrasher, That is a very sweet bike (I love the color) hahaha! It kind of dissapointed me because I really like some of the products that targa has to offer. I talked to a salesman and I talked to the accounting supervisor .......... neither had anything to offer other than giving me free shipping on my next purchase (14.50). Like I said they could have even just given me like $20 bucks off and I would have been ok with it. It was just kind of insulting and didnt seem like the way that any business should be run. Certainly not the way that I would run one.

Thanks, Casey
Wow I live in Connecticut and their were more than happy to do what I wanted.

I'm really sorry that happened to you

Paul

·
Registered
251 Posts
[}:)] I just wanted to post this warning to all of you ........... it probably wouldnt happen to you but I am the unlucky sucker that it did happed to. I ordered some parts from targa accesories and I recieved my part two days later as advertised. The next day when I came home from lunch I recieved the same part again! I called and checked and they said that they made a mistake and shipped it twice, and that they also charged me twice. I asked them to re4credit my account for the extra part and I would have the extra sent back to them right away. They agreed but I recieved a call back the next day saying that they couldnt recredit my account without recieving the part back at there shop first. I told them that they were putting me in a bad place financially with (their) mistake and that I needed it put back right away as I had already sent the part the day before as promised. Well today I found out that it took them three days to put the money back and that they cause one of my checks to bounce. No problem I am thinking it happens. So I called them because I wanted to make sure that they recieved their extra part back and I was interested in purchasing a hugger. I figured that for my inconvience and loss of money ($45 dollars....chump change)that was not my fault. I expected that they might give me a little money off of my purchase and that we would be even. Because of these fees I paid almost twice the amount of the part that I purchased (a fender eliminator kit which worked very nice i might add) The point is that they accessed my bank account twice without my permission and they wouldnt even try to make it right in good faith with a customer that wanted to buy a $250 hugger from them. I just dnt think that they do good business and I hope that maybe I could save a few of you from ever dealing with these assholes. I am in the Marines and I think that I will bring this to the military lawers also. I know its only $45 doillars but it is the principle of it at this point. How bad would it have hurt them to even just give me $25-$30 dollars off and still keep a customer. Oh well I am rambling .......... Do any of you know where to get a hugger for a 03 ZX6R? HAHAHAHA

Ninja riders deserve to be treated better!

·
Banned
34 Posts
Just got the shaft from targa also, Teufelheunden.

Copy of email I just sent them:

I was informed this evening by a young lady with your company that because
of my banks policies of not releasing information because of state laws,
that I could either send in a money order or cancel my order. I cancelled my
order. I asked if I could have my bank fax verification, but that was not
good enough. I have never had this situation arise through hundreds of
purchases with my credit card. I can appreciate your efforts not to lose
money from fraud, but I am a single parent working 12 hour days in the
military and until my wife returns from Iraq to lend a hand, I will not
waste 5 days sending in a money order. I can know look forward to spending
my money elsewhere. Best regards.

I was told by targa that they require speaking to your bank to verify your credit card address? Seriously, targa, WTF are you thinking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.