Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys/gals. We've all seen pictures of both huggers but does anyone have first hand experience with both Targa and Pyramid Huggers? Has anyone seen both in person? In your opinion, which one is better made? Which one will last longer? Looking around, both are about the same price delivered. For example, Revsports has the black Pyramid for $178.45 (Includes shipping) and 1tail.com has the Targa Hugger in black for $176.74 includes shipping). Thanks. Tim

Targa Hugger

Pyramid Hugger (Thanks James:D)

·
Registered
129 Posts
personally i think both look too bulky, the chainguards on them look bad. i bought an art hugger through dennis kirk because it had the stainless chainguard and mounting brackets, too bad it was a defective one that i was sent, and now Art has gone out of business so i was told they wouldnt be getting anymore. so far the only one ive liked for these bikes is the modified r6 fender. ( http://www.oppracing.com/products.php?action=show_images&bodywork_id=70&id=292 ) only drawback of it is that it doesnt really protect the undertail at all, only the shock.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like the chainguard on the hugger portion on the targa better (more form fitting), but the chainguard on the pyramid is nicer looking (less bulky).

It doens't really look like those r6 huggers do much. tons of rocks will ricochete down into that shock with that little thing. I think i'd want a real hugger to protect my shock and the back of my transmission case. undertails aren't that big of a deal, they can be repainted once and a while.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Of course you have all seen my Pyramid Carbon Fiber Hugger. The quality of this piece is excellent. Carbon Fiber is very light weight and strong. Plus I think it looks great too.[8D]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It's the same one I have always had. That's a picture from the other side to show how it mounts to the swingarm. It was $205.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by ZZRrocket
It's the same one I have always had. That's a picture from the other side to show how it mounts to the swingarm. It was $205.00 plus shipping.
Revsperformance.com has raised his prices since you bought yours and they don't reflect on the net yet. I think his carbon fiber one went up 10 or 12 bucks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plus the Pyramid one extends down past the swingarm kinda wrapping around the tire, providing a little more protection (Take a look at Rockets picture that he posted). The Targa one does not. Does it make a difference? Who knows.

James, you got any pics of it from the bottom of the bike?:D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by D_Wayne
Plus the Pyramid one extends down past the swingarm kinda wrapping around the tire, providing a little more protection (Take a look at Rockets picture that he posted). The Targa one does not. Does it make a difference? Who knows.

James, you got any pics of it from the bottom of the bike?:D
No I don't have any pics of the underside of my bike. But I will try and take some once all of the bad weather clears out.:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.