Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am getting her ready fopr the winter. I took pretty well everything off. I ordered a K&N off ebay today then I tear it down and it has one!! So I guess I should call paypal or go to the bank and put a stop payment on it. LOL

HOW the HELL do you change the spark plugs?? I have the tank and airbox off but my socket dosent fit in the sleave??? But it was 4 30AM so I gave up for the day :p

Notice the nice Black exhaust :)

Enjoy some for now. Also notice the purple and pink Ninja and ZX6R are gone :)...I kinda like the purple Kawasaki Tho.

And I am going to paint the rad tomorrow bc my buddy said the bike looks amazing but the rad stick out lol

Jay

·
Registered
210 Posts
well if your bike already has a k&n filter just clean it with the K&N kit. as far as spark plugs change them when the spring comes, no sence to put new spark plugs and let them sit for the whole winter, and then in the spring when you start your bike with that 6 month old fuel you might foul the new plugs.

I would recommend to keep the old filter in there and the plugs. Now when the spring comes change the plugs and clean the filter.

Just make sure you add a fuel addative for storage, couse without it there is a chance that fues might go bad and clog your carbs.

hope that was helpful.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Its somewhat difficult to change the plugs on these bikes because of the position of the engine and how the frame cradles it. if you have the tool that came from the factory then your in great shape. Put that on top of the spark plug and use a small extension and a ratchet to unscrew them. When reinstalling them remember to do it by hand so you dont strip it. Hope this helps...in a few months :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh all done and now in the shed for the winter. I finished changing the oil last nite. Threw in some Stabilizer and toped up the tank :).
I have to get my windscreen polished bc of a spray tint job going bad haha.

Is there any aftermarket undertails for the 95-97s? I hate the stock fender. I was gonna fab something but then noticed it goes all the way under to the battery and what not :(

Jay

·
Registered
471 Posts
For awhile i had a "custom" undertail, it was basically a sheet of thing metal that bolted to the bottom of the rear tail section, it was ghetto but it worked. Now that i lowered the bike i just dont have anything, i had the plates mounted to the subframe and the trailor light integrator

p.s. damnnnnn call me when you bbq that pit is awesome.

·
Registered
262 Posts
In this forum thread, not too long after I bought the bike, I show a few closeup pictures of the my homemade fender eliminator. (Scroll Down)http://www.KawiForums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42858

(Sent you a PM but you don't have enough posts to see it.)

Here is what my 1996 ZX6R currently looks like. Mods such as stainless steel braided brake lines, Clear Alternatives Clear LED rear brake light, WoodCraft Racing rear sets, Targa Solo seat cowl and a few other things have been done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.