Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, but I need some advice on something. I just bought a 2004 zx6r...636 and I've ridden some 500 miles on it in a few weeks. I just took it into a shop to get my oil changed and stuff and the mechanic found a bent dogbone on the right side. It is the only thing that is messed up down there but it had to have gone down or bottomed out somehow. I replaced both of them and when i was installing the new ones, the left side wouldn't line up correctly (it was about 2-3mm off) so I had to force the left side of the swingarm down with a tie to get the bolt through. Do you think that the bent dogbone could have caused my frame/swingarm to go off-line? and if so, will it line back up with the new dogbones? Should I worry about this? Take it back? I can use all the advice i can so if anyone knows anything about it...please... THANKS!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'd be inclined to think that something else is damaged to cause that much of an alignment problem when installing the new dog bones. It could be that the swingarm is tweaked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.