Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good deal on these and need a new pair of race oriented boots that work well enough to walk with when off the bike on casual days. These look good and are a lot cheaper than replacing the SIDIs that I have now. The sliders are replaceable and looks like they would be comfortable on and off the track and look cool without a lot of plastic pieces to fall off like the Vertebra's.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have had these boots for about a week, and they are very nice. They don't squeek hardly at all, which is a nice change. The toe sliders are interchangeable with screws that are recesses on the bottom heel. The shin protection is great by the way of a replaceable shin guard. The fit is very nice, but like most race boots, you might want to order a size smaller. The boot has an adjustable outer half to accomodate different calf sizes (which helps me out big time), and the neoprene inside the top of the boot gives a snug, comfortable fit. The enclosure is complete on the inside with a half of a zipper and a full velcro enclosure. The shank in the back of the foot is nice, and I like the styling on the rear, it's almost like Spidi's rear desing on their boots. The heel is strange with both feet planted, since it feels like they are slanted. They are angled 15 degrees forward for a more comfortable fit when crouching forward, so walking takes some time to get used to. The ankle enclosure is like a ski boot that will hopefully prevent any torsional breaking of the ankle in a fall. Overall, I really like the quality, looks, and they are very comfortable. I think the protection would hold up very well on the track, but maybe not to the point of a Sidi Race Vertabrae, but well enough. The downside would be walking a lot in them. They don't squeek, but the angle makes it look like you are strolling like a pimp down the road. For $185, I would definitely recommend these boots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.