Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying a new one. What do you have and what do you like or dislike about it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a scorpion exo400

Dislikes: Compared to the bf's Icon it feels heavier, doesn't match my track leathers :p

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I have a Shoei X-11 and I love it. It vents well, it fits perfect on my head/face, it's light, with the vents closed there is hardly any wind noise, the shields are quick to switch, and the entire inside padding is removable for washing. The other thing I really like about Shoei is that they use more the one shell size for their helemts. So they don't use one size and add more padding or less padding for the size of dome it supposed to fit. The other thing is that it's very easy to get a custom type fit because the cheeks pads are removable and sold in different sizes. So if it fits your head but is too tight/loose on your cheeks, you can make it fit better by just switching out to different size pads. This is completely secondary to fit and safety, but I love the graphics that are available. That's my .02!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a fulmer helmet, the front of the helmet flips up and its really confortable getting it on and off. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Shoei RF-1000 in Matte Black and I love it for all of the reasons CaliGirl mentioned.

However, if I were to do it over again....I don't think I would get the Matte Black color. It looks amazing when it is new and clean. But it gets smudged up so easily. If any of you have a black Apple Macbook, it's almost exactly the same. Fingerprints, smudges, dirt just show up on the thing really easily. As do scratches....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ladies! The problem I'm having is that I have a really tiny head and most places don't carry xs in stock. So its hard to find what size is even right for me without a comparison! Ugggh.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Arai, I am due for a new one and the profile series fits like a glove. it is the newer version of a signet version. Mine is getting really old. But for the bucks it is worth it. They hold up and fit.!! Try the different styles of Arai you will go AH! when the right one fits.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My wife has a Shoei RF-1000, Shark RSI, KBC VR2 & Scorpion EXO400.

Her fav is the EXO400... it gets the most play.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I recently purchased a gmax crusader and I am waiting for it to arrive. Have any of you heard of this helmet. 99 percent of the reviews I have read give thumbs up, plus for 100.00 and all the extras can you go wrong? Those are LED lights on the back .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Shoei fits girls better than arai coz the size fit smaller heads and arai always has a problem of cracking for the 2 covering plates near ear area. Am thinking about the new Arai Monster print tho LOL

·
Registered
295 Posts
I recently purchased a gmax crusader and I am waiting for it to arrive. Have any of you heard of this helmet. 99 percent of the reviews I have read give thumbs up, plus for 100.00 and all the extras can you go wrong? Those are LED lights on the back .
Yep, bought a GMAX 68S a few weeks ago. Great fit, comfortable...you may want to go one size up if your between sizes. I little snugger than other models but once broken in it's a perfect fit. If I were to nick pick you can tell that the finish of the outer parts is kinda cheap. However you're only paying a hundred bucks for a great helmet. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
287 Posts
My first helmet was a Shoei and I really did not appreciate it until I ran through a bunch of other helmets due to crashes, age and the ever changing motorcycle attire.
I am in love with my new RF-1000 glossy black. It has the chin guard to keep the wind and bugs off your face, the nose guard to stop fogging.
The visor does not flip up when you are hauling ass down the highway and so the shoulder check. And the aerodynamics of it are great.

I found that with my HJC, ICON, Bieffe (sp?), Nolan, KBC, Belle, they all had horrible aerodynamics, and that any speed over 40 mp/h I was struggling to keep my head from snapping back.
But with my Shoie, I tested it out at 120 mph...on a closed circuit of course...; I found that is cut through the air with no problem, I did not have to hang on to keep my head on my shoulders, and I was still able to hear my husband on my chatterbox and he could hear me clearly too.

I am not a brand favourite kind of person and will readily try other more expensive helmets while I am here in Europe but for now... my Shoei rocks.

But keep in mind ladies...you get what you pay for..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts