Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally digging the polished look, nice job!

The Green Missile...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im new aboard and just wanting to show off my investment! hahahah Its a 2001 zx6r, 5400 mi, mint cond., $5300 is all i paid for it!! I will get another pic of the undertail (very nice!) I could use some opinions on what to do next! any advice?

alwaysriding has attached this file: mybike.JPG 62 KB

Don't do anything I wouldn't do, but if you do, do it twice!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, does anyone have any advise on what to do with the front turn signals and side mirrors? Most aftermarket turn signals wont cover or fit the hole in the fairing and I cant find any good looking side mirrors! Any help would be apprieciated! thanks

Don't do anything I wouldn't do, but if you do, do it twice!

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's amusing to see how polished frames and wheels are so popular in the States. I have seen no one doing that in Europe (I'm sure there are a few who do it, of course), and when talking to other riders, everybody has the same opinion: it sucks! Don't get me wrong, but... sportbike riders say NO to Harleys & Friends, but you end up doing the exact same thing: polishing it to shine like a custom! Don't get it...

About your bike, alwaysriding, I can't say I like it, but I can tell it looks cool for those who like polished bikes. And it sure must look cool to you, which is the most important of it all. Congrats.

- Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Which way did you polish it? Going thru the different grades of sandpaper, or stripper and aluminum polish?

97 Candy Persimmon Red
Wileyco Pipe
Factory 1.7 jets, Ign. Adv.
Cheetah Racing Solotail

·
Registered
14 Posts
The bike looks very good. Some people like polished some don't. I think Americans are obsessed with shiny things. Its not a cruiser thing........this dates back to the Hot Rod era. So it started with cars and moved to bikes. Even Harleys are somewhat recent in the chromed look. Before it was just metal and leather...not necessarily chrome everything. Besides the average American that DOES ride, doesn't daily commute on their sportbikes so the nuesance of cleaning chrome isnt as prevelant as it is in Europe where daily riding is more mainstream.

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's another thing I've learned here in the forum: american riders don't ride daily! Most of you go for a fast ride in the weekend, right? Also, you don't ride in poor wheather...

I ride everytime I can. I commute with my Ninja daily, go for a ride with some friends in some weekends and go for long travels (4-5 days), all in the Ninja.

Another big difference is that you all service your own bikes, and do lots of stuff yourselfs (brackets, fender eliminators, etc). I just take it to the official Kawasaki mechanic, where I bought it. It isn't expensive, and he will do it faster and better. However, I watch and learn to be able to do it on my own if that becomes necessary.

- Wilder than the wildest dreams!

·
Registered
302 Posts
This is what makes the internet worth it! The difference in cultures around the world is astounding.

I'm American and I personally don't like the polished look, but I really respect anyone that takes the time to do detail work on their bike.

btw the paint and polish look incredible.

-Jack
'03 636 black

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
bike looks great man. im working on mine to polish it out, love the bling. keep that baby shining man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks good, although it is not really my cup of tea, wheels look brilliant, are they standard wheels polished or are they Z1 wheels fitted to the zx6r?

Cheers

Boab

The true riding method is printed on the uk paper driving licence - tear along the dotted
line

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.