Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so went on a 120 mile ride ran awesome it started raining good and the temp light came on really dim than shut off and came back on still dim. Is this something that happens when connections get wet?
Resivour is full.

01 Vulcan vn1500 classic fi

·
Registered
77 Posts
Unlikely it was the Temp switch suffering water ingress as it sits in the stat housing just under the Fuel Tank.
I've known oil pressure switches to suffer this issue as they on your Model they sit next to the oil filter low down.
The light that came on was it definitely the bottom left hand one not the bottom right hand ?

It's not impossible water got up that high under the Tank but tbh unlikely :unsure:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Strange but does sound like water got at the switch, I would pull the tank and inspect the switch connection.
Make sure it's good and dry then apply some Dielectric Grease around the connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to do that this morning I have her warning up right now. Not seeing any leaking coolant yet waiting to see if the fan kicks on as well

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the fan is kicking no leaks and the light is off.... I also run without a front fender so that may also have something to do with moisture getting up in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts