Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike's temperature after an hour or so of normal riding is usually slightly above 200. However this morning after an hour and half of pretty hard riding, the tempeature was 155. Granted that today was a little chilly (high 30s)is this normal? Can the outside temperature have such an impact on temperature? I would have expected it to be at least low 200s.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
I was on the Turnpike doing 100+ the other day and it was around 150.

The outside temp definitely has that drastic effect.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was out yesterday, and my temp was only 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up the gauge most of the time. 500s run cool, but that was cooler than usual. I figured its pretty normal given the cool air.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess the outside temp does have such an effect, I intially thought something wrong with my guage.

Btw, for high speed runs nothing better than the turnpike on an early weekend morning, completely empty.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
out side air temp has a huge effect on the temp your bike will run, and preformance.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
outside air has a direct impact on your bikes operating temperaturs, we could almost call them cold blooded like reptiles! But yes, very normal. These bikes don't really like the cold too much.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by birdturd636
WHEN IDLING AND LOW RPM WATER PUMP IN NOT WORKING AS HARD. THE HIGHER THE RPM THE FASTER THE PUMP IS WORKING.
[:CapsLock1]

and when your @ "high rpms" it usually means your moving which also means your getting air flow throught the radiator which also means the coolant is cooling down..

dont ya love run ons? :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.