Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06' zx6r with a k&n and the jumper mod, my question is that around town my bike gets up to about 210-218 from red light to red light, and my friend has a black 06' zx6r and his runs like 190-200. In the country even at night my bike runs 186-202. Is this normal or should I take it back to the dealer. I have even tried water wetter and it didn't change anything. The strangest thing is that sometimes in the country it will run like 168-175 like the thermostat is sticking or not opening completly. If someone can give me some advice it would be appriciated!!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Most GM automobiles dont even kick on the cooling fan until 220, so you are doing just fine.

< 230 is fine. Just make sure your coolant tank stays full.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I hit 210F at 90 MPH on the tollyway the other day. I was pretty hot out, about 85-90F. Stayed there for about 10 min and then dropped down to 190.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys that makes me feel better, I just thought their might be something wrong because my buddies 06' runs cooler all the time, but maybe thats just because I weigh a bit more and ride a little harder than he does.

·
Registered
264 Posts
faster you go, the cooler it should be, up until a certain speed correct? I'm guessing over 110mph... when the bike starts to work harder... Idling at a redlight the temps start to rise. My bike got up to 210 just sitting at a light once.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lol, I never escape posting in a forum where nothing is said about my avitar...[:M120]
btw, I was riding today, about 95 degrees and was indicating temps between 200 and 220. Seems normal to me, but had to break out the wheelie to cool her off a bit[:M86]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.