Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the chance to demo the new Daytona 675 at Bike Week in Fl this year and all I can say is WOW. This bike is SOOO much better than the 650 it replaces. The triple engine is very responsive and very strong. It has that distinct growl too. The instrument panel was top-notch and even includes an integrated gear indicator on the large LCD panel. The bike is comfortable but the riding position is sport-oriented and it feels light and is very flickable. The demo rider guide was cool and let us wind it out a bit on the curvey roads behind the airport.

I was not as blown away by the styling as I was expecting to be after seeing the pics. I really liked the previous Daytona's angular and distinctive lines myself, but this one almost fails to grab your attention at all. It is nice, and it looks pretty cool, but it's not the knock-out head-turner I was expecting. At the tent everyone was loving the Speed Triple (love that bike too) and I was surprised I was able to grab a demo spot so easily.

It was a bit buzzy through the controls though, and my hands were getting a little tingly after about 10 min of riding. Overall I like the smoother feel of the Jap 4's better than this triple engine but the bike is really impressive. If I had to pick between the 675 and the ZX-6R it would be tough. That in itself says a a lot I think.

·
Registered
439 Posts
that bike is awesome. Its cool that triumph doesnt have any constraints for racing so they can make whatever they want. They have definitely designed some really cool bikes like the speed triple and now the 675.
Before I owned my kawi I had a 2000 TT600. It is a fun bike to ride and it handles great but it had a more than a few problems that got annoying.

·
Registered
256 Posts
how did you like the sound of the exhaust? ive heard it on a video clip but not in person. compared to your bike is it more high pitched or deeper?

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I am not too impressed with the styling either, its not ugly by any means but it just doesn't do it for me. Whenever I compare the looks of a bike next to my 636, nothing really impresses me. I do like the triple engine though. It's nice to see different engine configs getting a shot. If I ever turn my mike into a track bike, I might have to get one of those speed triples for the road. Those things are absolutely awesome looking. Love the bug eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.