Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a demo ride of the ZX-14 in Daytona this week and all I can say is this is an AMAZING bike. Power is endless. Engine is velvet smooth all over the powerband. Comfort is closer to tourer than hard-core sport bike and with a couple of mods you could ride this thing all day. Instruments we nice as well, and again clearly aimed at more than a track rider. Although I was on a "guided" ride and had to ride within limits I thought Kawi did a great job with the ride. Of all the vendors there, NO ONE took better care of their owners than Kawasaki at the manufacturer tents and no one showed a commitment to showing off their SPORT BIKES like Kawi. The ZX-14 was demoed seperately from the other bikes so the group was nothing but 14's and they must have had 10-12 at a time out there at once. Loved the bike, not sure it could hang we a real canyon carver in the tight tight twisties, but on the open road--don't even THINK of out running it on anything short of a Busa. Tried to get in on the ZX-10 demo but my schedule wouldn't let it fit while I was there.

Sorry this isn't more "technical" but suffice it to say I liked this bike better than the CBRXX and the Busa and I have ridden both. For that category of bike, Kawi did a good job.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was up at daytona todaye new and took a test ride of the new 10r and 14. Like tzetter said, the 14 is a BEAST. so much power down low, and while i was on a "guided" tour, the back chaperone somehow got seperated from the group. So i hung back a lil bit and was able to get on it. The new 10 is amazing. Handles just like a 600 and has gobs of power. The new gauge cluster is very easy to read, the exhaust sounds nice and throaty, ergo's are very comfortable for my 6' frame. Kawasaki really takes care of their customers, and no other manufacturer had any of their major sportbikes out like Kawi did. Hell the only other bike i wanted to test ride was the triumph 675 and you had to be 25 to ride it. Go team green!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the styling of the 14 is a little "bland" even in person. I wish they made it more aggressive looking. I think the styling points more toward the "touring" crowd myself.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
I sat on one, but haven't ridden it yet. It looks better in person, but I'd agree with tzetter that it needs to be a bit more agressive looking. It looks pretty popular among the drag racers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The 14 doesnt look bad in person. And from it's height and 'facial structure' I think it looks pretty aggressive. Although those gills on the side can go. ;) It's much lighter than the 'Busa. Wish I had a chance to ride it when I saw it. Good to hear it's smooth.

It's aimed more to the touring side as it IS a sport-touring bike. ZZX1400 everywhere but the states, and ZX14 (they omitted the R) in the States to differentiate between it and it's Ninja sport line. Can't wait to see them on the street!

·
Registered
19 Posts
cannot open the webpage right now but from the jordansuzuki.com page, daily information about motorsports, the zx14 has already got it's name in the record books for either low e.t. or top speed in the quarter mile.

Kawasaki ZX-14 makes record books with 178.12mph

After doing a little research, I now see that Andrew Hines holds the national record for prostock motorcycle at 197 and some change.. The 178 is in a different class, AMA/ProStar Super Street category. Sorry for any confusion.

www.metricbikes.com

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I sat on one at the NYC motorcycle show, and it's amazingly comfortable. I thought the black one looked really hot in person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.