Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I plan on looking at a new ZX-14 next weekend. I love the look of the bike i think its great and im looking for something i can cruise around on and not get a back-ache but not a harley. I want to get everyones opinions on the handling of this bike. Im a pretty big guy 6'2" 230 so its not like this bike is a beast to me. I ride a ZZR600 now and i want to trade it in. I occasionally make trips to Deals Gap at least once a year. I want to be able to still ride the dragon and cruise around. What do you guys think? I live in FL so its not like i ride curves all the time. lOL

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sit on one for awhile. They look too agressive to be comfortable on long rides, but I could be wrong. I would also look at the Concours. In my experience, the sport touring/standard position is the most comfortable.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Concours NO WAY man, that thing is fugly. I can cruise around on my 05 ZZR600 for about a good 300 miles, so i figure this bike is bigger has more room so i can stretch out you know.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, if appearance is that important to you...most people find the ZX-14 pretty ugly as well. I guess it doesn't make much sense to a function over form guy like me. Maybe look at the FJR1300 or the BMW 1200s.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i had a 05 636 before my 14, and after about a hour or two on the 636 my hands and back started to hurt, on the 14 we rode a little over 400 miles one day and its a pretty damn comfortable ride for a sportsbike. nice big seat, your leaning over but not as much as my 636... id say its a good bike. but when you say its not a "beast" to you. its as close to a beast as your gonna ride

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya i meant in size. Not by power sorry. Im not being cocky at all so please dont take it the wrong way. Im just saying sitting on a 636 is like me trying to sit in a tuna can, its kinda cramped you know what i mean. I want to be able like you said ride 400 miles and still have a good time. I loved riding my friends full dress harley cause it was crazy comfortable but i want a bike that is fast, agile, and comfortable you know what i mean, and Kawi is in my blood. I just wanted to know how the handling was is all. I know it has the power, and looks so.. but thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made the decision to go with the ZX10, I think when im ready for a big bike its probably gonna be a harley so. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
230 Posts
the 10 isnt much bigger at all than the 636... but you need to get what YOU want and not let your decision be based on everyones opinion! my choice was between the 10 and 14 and im not upset whatsoever on my decision! good luck on whichever on eyou get

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know you will love the 14. I got mine 3 days ago and I have put 380 miles on it already. Its gotta be comfortable, or I could be stupid.

·
Registered
97 Posts
if you think the zx 14 is ugly go ride one....then tell me what you think. the 14 is big but it gos around bends just fine. you can ride it all day. its got great brakes and does over 200 mph with out much work. plus gets 45 mpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well Dbeadling, the Busa pretty much does that, but I still find it hideously ugly. It kind of reminds me of a really fast camel that was beaten one too many times with the ugly stick. The 14 on the other hand, has been growing on me. The new Concours just plain has me drooling. I love the "sport-touring" seating position and the fact that it is insanely fast.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you are calling me tz, then yes, that is my bike in my avatar. It is a 1983 Yamaha RX 50. It's kick start only, it stinks, and it tops out at 45 on flat surfaces...but it gets 140 miles out of a gallon of gas. It's my daytime only(because the lights are so sadly dim) around town runner. My Ninja 250 is my "big" bike at the moment, though I have been saving for a sport tourer for longer distance rides.

Maybe by the time your 3 year old is big enough to start riding I'll be ready to sell the RX 50. The Ninjette probably won't mind taking its place as the small bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
at first i hated the way the 14s looked,but now i own one,i love it, looks way better in person,comfortable,fast and passenger friendly! cant go wrong with the 14. i know how you feel on a little bike,im 6'2 220 and i feel great on this bike!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.