Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a website or something that says the laws on license plate locations allowed in Texas?

I've been looking all over and all I can come up with is that you have to have your license plate on your motorcycle...somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Your license plate must be visible 50 ft. to the rear. I know that motorcycle license plates are smaller, and really aren't all that visible 50 feet to the rear. Put your fender eliminator towards the back of the tail (where you original mud flap was). The red screw reflectors are good, put those at the bottom. Then you can use the LED light screws on the top screw holes in the license plate. I'm not saying this is perfectly legal, because I'm not really sure. I know it should keep the police from pulling you over though because at least your making an attempt to be legal. If you stick your license plate all the way under your tail expect to get pulled over.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Put it under the tail, fuck 'em! Texas tuck baby!

<- knocking on wood, but mine is clearly visible where it is, and it's under my seat.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've got mine tucked under the tail, actually mounted directly under the computer...tucks in real nice, clears my tire, and it is just as visible from the rear as if it was hanging under my taillight...but I used the OEM license plate light, so thats not an issue, and you cant see it unless you duck down and look under it...I've been pulled over several times, and it was never mentioned to me...

GunRunner

·
Registered
527 Posts
No bumps or bruises yet, lol...may just be my ass isn't heavy enough to compress the rear suspension though...lol

GunRunner

·
Registered
891 Posts
trig.. you can mount the inspection anywhere.. i've seen people just stick it to their frame or swingarm. I'll go snap a pic of my LP right quick since i'm taking it apart to clean up and do a bunch of 'winter' maintenance.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I know it's a little crooked, gonna fix that while i'm in there. That's what i get for doing it at night. [B)]

o and theives if ya look up my LP to come steal my shit.. i live in vegas so [:p]

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I didn't get an inspection sticker bracket, my dealership puts a putrid mega plastic dealership logo that went on and over the stock long ass assembly for the inspection sticker. I had to chop it to size after I did my fender elim so I could still have the sticker, thank god I have to get it inspected in a month, then I'll tell them to put the sticker on the swingarm and I can be rid of that hideous plastic thing for all!

strat

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
what about putting in the underside of the license plate itself? Sure it won't be "displayed" but if pulled over, I can say, sure officer, its on there, just gotta un-do the screws and wala! Probably not legit either but oh well.

strat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.