Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note this thread here:
http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-discussion/177489-those-who-know-about-my-old-636-woes.html

So my 636 had this problem also, throughout about a month of riding it .. except, it was FAR LESS severe than what you are about to hear in the video. I traded in the 636 to get away from the problem, but my Z1000 is SO MUCH Worse. (As you are about to hear in the video)

People on the forums deemed bad gas to be the culprit. The dealership, who wouldn't honor a warranty, and charged me for it, said it was bad gas and that my charcoal box was full of gas causing Cyl. 2 to misfire. :wtf: However, completely different gas station, reputable gas station this time .. same thing!!!

I only picked up the bike a few days ago.. and now, it is at it again. Again, like the first time, it would stutter here and there, but now, it is just full blown misfiring (Or something!). Once and a while in the video you'll hear the bike smooth out, but then it'll just start right back up again.

The FI light finally has begun flashing on and off, but I ain't even gonna check it .. I'm just gonna limp the damn thing to the dealership tomorrow morning and demand them to fix the damn thing right, and should give me my money back!

· Registered
2,378 Posts
Yea man it sounds like you are losing a cylinder. It could be a bad injector or a loss of spark. Just tossing around ideas

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

· Registered
120 Posts
My experiences with dealerships has always been bad. They just want your money real bad. Some are good, you have to find them. Both of your bikes doing the same thing though is real weird...

· Registered
123 Posts
I can believe you have the same problems twice. I'm the king of lemons. Everything I touch breaks. My imac had a bad hdd, then the logic board died. Got a new $2600 macbook pro, and my ram was corrupt so I replaced it, and then once again, logic board problem. Audio equipment dies, cars break down. Heck, my 250r is averaging 40mph, well below what it should.

· Registered
424 Posts
Sounds like a boxer motor LOL. Def not a bad fuel problem (LMAO wtf?). It sounds like it is map sensor related. Def something with spark/fuel timing though. I wouldn't ride that thing hard at all. You shouldn't have to pay for shit if you have a warranty. I would demand all of my money back. Fuck that.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
Yup .. brought it, and bringing it back tomorrow, to Phibbs. TCG, steering clear of!
That's where I bought my helmet! Phibbs that is

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

· Registered
3,742 Posts
Yea it sounds like something is either causing the bike to lean out or a coil is shorting out. If I had to guess though Im betting either something is wrong with the ECU / fuel map, a sensor that tells the ECU how much to fire the injectors, or your fuel pump is screwed. It sounds like its running out of gas.

Although.

Does that bike have electronic secondary butterflies?

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.