Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to thank all of you who take the time to post the very informative how to threads. I used a couple of these over the weekend to rejet and install a full exhaust and they were great.

Now if you will indulge me, I would like to brag about my results.

I installed (in 6 hours sat night) a Dyno Jet kit 2193 an Area P QC full exhaust.
What a world of difference. The bike has found itself and goes like the devil is chasing it. I didnt have any issues with the bike before this 6 hour wrenching and usually dont mess with things that aint broke, but I said what the hell. Im happy to report that the bike runs great and will hit 117 indicated. I put it all back together expecting to have to synch the carbs, but after a test ride decided that it wasnt needed. I rode almost 165 miles on the highway at 85-100 mph and have no problems.
I would like to thank all of you again, for your help.
Almost40

Reactions: Bullets Flying

·
Registered
139 Posts
I installed (in 6 hours sat night) a Dyno Jet kit 2193 an Area P QC full exhaust.
Almost40
Pic's would be nice.

Im happy to report that the bike runs great and will hit 117 indicated. I put it all back together expecting to have to synch the carbs, but after a test ride decided that it wasnt needed. I rode almost 165 miles on the highway at 85-100 mph and have no problems.
Almost40
Hope your around a long time to enjoy your work.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Kkim, Vex, Lloyd574, Shade.Of.Black, etc. Take your bows, men. You're what make this forum what it is. :thumbup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kkim, thought I would just say thanks in person. The whole rep thing seems so impersonal to me. Because of your hard work installing my mods was a piece of cake. Id also like to thank Shade of Black, nothing like having pics in hand when your tearing your bike apart. Both of you deserve credit for a job well done.
There are other threads that were a great help, but you two deserve to be mentioned by name. Ill rep you all as soon as I figure out how. lol

Thanks alot guys from an Almost40 year old rider.
Pic's would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost40
Im happy to report that the bike runs great and will hit 117 indicated. I put it all back together expecting to have to synch the carbs, but after a test ride decided that it wasnt needed. I rode almost 165 miles on the highway at 85-100 mph and have no problems.
Almost40

Hope your around a long time to enjoy your work.

oldguy, my teenage daughter took possesion of my camera and I havent seen it since. As far as the speed goes, just try to ride the speed limit on I-94 near Chicago and they will be picking you out of the grill of a 80 mph Freightliner or you will get run over by a BMW. I was not real happy on the highway with my stock 250. After the mods its Left lane optional, at any time. :D:D:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
my teenage daughter took possesion of my camera and I havent seen it since. As far as the speed goes, just try to ride the speed limit on I-94 near Chicago and they will be picking you out of the grill of a 80 mph Freightliner or you will get run over by a BMW. I was not real happy on the highway with my stock 250. After the mods its Left lane optional, at any time. :D:D:D
lol I know what you mean about the kids taking possession of (fill in the blank). Glad I don't have to deal with that type of traffic here. Not sure that would be my choice.

On the DIY issue, you are so right about the great tips and pics the core group provides for all of us. It is what makes this forum so useful and fun.

Have a great week - the JOB calls.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
You're welcome! :p As much as I take from other people the least I can do is take some pictures and throw some observations around. It's a bummer ScootyScootScot isn't on here as much anymore. He was a clever fellow as well!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
You're welcome! :p As much as I take from other people the least I can do is take some pictures and throw some observations around. It's a bummer ScootyScootScot isn't on here as much anymore. He was a clever fellow as well!
Damn straight. Every time I ride my 250 I miss ol' Scotty and his innovative input on KF. He really modded the piss out of this bike. Hope he's enjoying tearing up the countyside in his new Polaris quad! :Burnout:

·
Registered
289 Posts
You are welcome....Just be assured this never would have happened over at the 250.org site..

I salute the members of this site...

·
Registered
289 Posts
What wouldn't happen? FAQ's and DIY's?
all of the above that we have done here on this site..I have tried to post DIY stuff over there to just get deleted or some asshat would just blow me crap about it,on and on....That site sux, plain and simple....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I figured out the whole rep thing kkim and hit ya once. I also figured out why I dont like it. I had some spank negative rep me because he doesnt like Fram oil filters. Go figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts