Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was doing 160 mph on a pitch black highway when my headlights shut off and everything went black. not really a good feeling when hitting your top speed. I slowed up to about 50 when they came back on. I never had the problem since (...it was only lastnight), anyone else have something like that happen?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
160 mph on an unlit highway? that seems like a rather bad idea. i hate to always be the one on the board ranting about this and that being stupid, but if you're gonna do speeds like that, for the love of god at least do it during the day where you can see things around you. granted, once you pass about 100 or so, tunnel vision usually kicks in, but still...

·
Registered
602 Posts
never had the problem but deffinitely find out what caused it before riding at night again. start by jiggling the wires behind the headlight to see if that causes the lights to flicker and then take the bulbs out of the housing still connected and burning and shake those to see if something happens.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Originally posted by kida
i was doing 160 mph on a pitch black highway when my headlights shut off and everything went black. not really a good feeling when hitting your top speed. I slowed up to about 50 when they came back on. I never had the problem since (...it was only lastnight), anyone else have something like that happen?
I've had that happen in my honda accord. The indicated 160 mph was just the end of the speedo, and you we're really going faster than the speed of light.

Wasn't it fun?

·
Registered
432 Posts
kida - where on earth could you find a stretch of highway around Sydney to do that kind of speed? Only place I could think of is between North Sydney and Sydney, but even that is sketchy with some wicked bumps.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
hmmmmmmm thats weird, as stated above, id also check the wiring.

not to flame, but damn man 160 at night, yor just asking for trouble

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.