Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the 04's in the showroom? I went to talk to my friend(a mechanic at a local Kawi shop) and they've got an Orange and Silver 04 they just got in. I love my Silver but right away I asked what they'd give me for trade in towards the Orange bike. It looks sweet as hell. It looks real good when you roll it out in the sun.

Might have to go ahead and order the zx10r in Orange.:D A friend of mine who now drives a sweet ass 03 954 rr just put his down payment on a black 10r. Can't wait to see them up close.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
An 04 636? Oh come now, didn't you know that the first year revision of a bike is almost always the fastest? I'm positive the K1 Thou was faster than my K2 Thou EVER was!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Since the bike is orange I guess it has to be an '04 but my dealer told me it would probably be Jan. before the '04 sportbikes came in. Can you get pics of it? :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've seen all the 04's. Orange, silver, and blue (not green yet). The blue this year is different, much better than last year. I haven't seen 04 RR though. Nothing is different, except no more black, and the decals are different. That is all.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All dealers should have them in. I get a pic of the Orange one in our local show room and post it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I forgot to mention this, but the other day when I was at the shop, I went into the back to go and check out my Hindle being put on. I saw a tail end that look very familiar. It was an 03 636 tail end. Someone around here had their fairings painted yellow! Needless to say, it looked very, very nice.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Originally posted by NX MX5

hmmm, did kenyellow 02 finally go to 03?

:D
Nah, still got my 02:D. It's a sweet thought though. I'm pretty financially strapped so you probably won't see a name change until it says Ken (color) 65.

While on the topic, I haven't seen the 04's yet, but REALLY want to see that orange. I'll have to make a trip to the dealer this weekend [:p][:p][:p].

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by samps

I've seen all the 04's. Orange, silver, and blue (not green yet). The blue this year is different, much better than last year. I haven't seen 04 RR though. Nothing is different, except no more black, and the decals are different. That is all.
hey don't knock the blue man. blue rocks:D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Saw the orange one and the (new) blue one at the local dealer yesterday. VERY impressed with the new blue color, very much a deeper blue similar to the '01 blue model, but looks so much better in solid. The orange is pretty eye-grabbing though I gotta admit. If you're in Southwestern Ontario, you should pay a visit to Two Wheel Motorsports in Guelph... they have a whack of 'em all lined up ('03 black, '03 green, '03 red, '03 silver, '04 blue, '04 orange, '03 RR green)... looks pretty sweet. Of course, then the whole view is spoiled by a sea of 600RR Hondas further down... ack.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet they were behind the Kawi's weren't they! Right where they belong, behind us! ;)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I'm confuzed. the 01 and the 03 paint are the same color. how come it looks different?? It might be the light you see it in. I know when I bought my 01 the dealer could not get rid of it because the blue look ulgy. but when he wheeled it out side he sad damn that looks hot. the lighting did't do shit for the blue. well just have to see it for myself. if it looks better I will trade it in for a blue 10R[:p]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.