Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad news My buddy, who is a far batter rider then me, was out riding my 2 week old orange 636 when I guy pulled out in frt of him and he wrecked it. Shitty day for me, however, his girlfriend wants the bike so he will be buying it from me except he will need to sell one of his bikes to do so. ZX7 sadly. So the decision will be do I get another 636?or whats really been on my mind is should I buy the black ZX10? pictures will come withi the next day. sorry but its a sad day. it needs left side, front, rear cowl, windscreen, exhaust, levers, rear set, and others. It also has a ding on the frame is this repairable?[B)]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah just to point out my buddy is ok and that fortunately is the best news and really the only thing that matters. The bike is replaceable plus lucky for me I have an extra to ride till this whole thing is figured out and if I get bored with it I am always free to ride his zx12. Yes we live in the kawi family.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
dude, that freaking sucks:(a brand new bike?!arg[}:)]so sorry man

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The chief mechanic at the California Superbike School said that is common damage. He said it usually doesn't tweek the frame. They just bondo the dent and paint it to match when they sell the bikes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well you could look at it this way, you already had a 636 if you loved it get another one but if you just liked it then get the zx10 because you already have another zx6r that looks pretty nice. glad to hear your buddy is ok though since that is most important...:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cool to see you have your priorities right. A bike can take a few weeks to replace, but a friend can take a bit longer. :)

I say get another 636... different colour though.

Originally posted by ZEDX6Rroadracer
oh yeah just to point out my buddy is ok and that fortunately is the best news and really the only thing that matters. The bike is replaceable plus lucky for me I have an extra to ride till this whole thing is figured out and if I get bored with it I am always free to ride his zx12. Yes we live in the kawi family.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Sorry to hear man. Glad to see your friend wasn't hurt though. As for the new bike, get the Orange 636 again. That thing is cool beyond the knowledge of man. I'd buy one instantly if I had the money. Before I was stuck on green being the best color on that model, bit now I'm torn on which looks better.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Glad to hear your Buddy is alright. I would have to say get the 636 again that was one beautiful bike[:M12] the 10 got more power but its not a hole lot of difference in the quarter mile, and the 10 is just not near as sexy as the 636[:M94] but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This is why friends don't let friends drive their crotch rockets. Sorry to hear man bud glad no one is hurt.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well took the bike apart last night and unfortunately there is more parts broken then anticipated. Does anyone know if there are even places besides the dealer to get the parts needed as it is an 04. If necessary, I am assuming that the 03s and 04s are identical, can I use parts from an 03? Still shook up a little it sux that the new baby is wrecked. People are like arent you mad? of course I am mad but unfortunately I know the risks that you take when allowing others to ride your bike. I told my buddy to lie to me and tell me he was in an EBOZ state scrapin his elbow when the bike tucked on me cause that would make it more worthwhile then to know he was taken out by some ungracious cager(As I see them so often called here). Well maybe pics later of the damage. [B)]

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Damn man you sound bummed. I know I'd be sick. I've been eyeing the Orange 04 at the dealer ship thinking I could have waited six months and had it in orange. Dammit!

Hope she's fixable.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you everyone. It turns out my buddies insurance may cover this. I am not sure on how much the damage is I dont believe it will be totalled out. If its totalled oh well new 636 in orange of course cometh, however, if they crack me a check for the damages I will be able to fix it and have money to buyy new goodies, ie:micron high mount, double bouble, etc. Has anyone had a claim on their insurance for a wrecked bike? You get the estimate for repairs from the dealer say its 3000 for repair including labor, will they crack me a check and I can fix it myself and in some way pocket the money? please assist if possible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.