Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this more than once; the 250R owners, especially '08 owners put themselves into a clique. What I mean is, the 250R owners only like to post in the 250R section, because thats where the 250R owners hang out, whether the post is Off topic, or should belong in Two Wheel Disc. Why is it that we/they do this? Is it because we're the nerdy kids on small bikes and don't feel accepted in the bigger bike forums? ROFL, sometimes, certain threads make me feel thats the way the group feels, especially considering that some threads deserve and would receive a lot more exposure in OT or Two wheel.. Or is it because we need a new strictly 250R organized forum?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I post in every section, not just the 250. I don't feel confined or not accepted in other areas. But I do think I am the minority in this respect.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I post in a few other sections as well. I frequent the 250 section becuase I have a 250, but I don't totally neglect the other sections either. I need to find sanity so that is why I visit other sections :D.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I too, try to wander around. I read alot more in the OT, because it moves alot faster than the 250R section, but some guys I believe would post about thier relationship problems in the 250R section if it came to it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I too, try to wander around. I read alot more in the OT, because it moves alot faster than the 250R section, but some guys I believe would post about thier relationship problems in the 250R section if it came to it.
:buzzsaw::Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Not a bad .02, kkim.

I know some of the more 'elitest' (AKA: cocky bastards) members prefer to never see or encounter a 250R member, and if they do, anything the 250R owner says will be almost retroactively discredited because the bike we ride.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Not a bad .02, kkim.

I know some of the more 'elitest' (AKA: cocky bastards) members prefer to never see or encounter a 250R member, and if they do, anything the 250R owner says will be almost retroactively discredited because the bike we ride.

There's always a few like that. Not much we can do....either 1) buy a bigger bike or 2) accept that they are idiots and move on. I practice option number 2 on the regular! :D

·
28,939 Posts
interesting.... good to see that people are venturing out into other sections. ive been keeping an eye out and the good majority of threads in this section lately actually belong here...lol

ive got no problems with the 250 clique, but you all have gotten quite the reputation and im sure it will take some time to turn it around...lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
I post in this forum because it has a pulse. I posted a topic like a week ago in the All Other Models section and it's still the last post there. I find that even though my bike is nearly two decades older than most of the 250's in this section, I still don't feel that left out. I also post in the Newbie section, where no one can crack on me for my noob-ness.

I've found that our bikes really don't have that bad of a reputation with seasoned riders. I was up on the Dragon earlier this week talking to some old timers who were rocking everything from Goldwings to 929's... I mentioned that I had a 250 and they actually had good things to say about it, mainly for its agility on mountain roads. It has quite a reputation for being "the little bike that could." I'd say the 250 haters are a minority.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Though not a very active member here, I generally stay within the confines of the 250 section, unless my quest for knowledge leads me to other sections. I found this forum when I googled "2008 Ninja 250R Aftermarket parts", and it has greatly helped me expand my knowledge of the 250r machine.

The comic relief is great, the newbs are VERY new (good or bad thing?), and this section plays house to many great people, experiences, and uniqueness.

So.. Thanks! I hope my few contributions thus far have been useful, enlightening, or at least non-irritating.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'll be honest, I've only posted in the 250 section because that's all I'm interested in on here. For general motorcycle discussion I'm on bayarearidersforum.com. I had a legal issue with parking my bike this past week and some people gave me good advice, but a majority of people posted just to piss me off. I flamed back and got banned for a week. That place breeds hardasses. :mad:

But back to topic. Guess I'm part of the reason the 250 section is a clique without even trying to make it one. To add fuel to the fire, instead of using "Search," I'd rather have 250 subsections so relevant threads can be lumped together. :D

·
28,939 Posts
To add fuel to the fire, instead of using "Search," I'd rather have 250 subsections so relevant threads can be lumped together. :D
we have subsections, just not bike specific ones. for most of the more popular topics and technical aspects you can refer to the DIY/FAQ stickies for that particular section. if you cant find what you need, post up and somebody will give you hand or point you in the right direction.

Anything 250 related, post in this section.

Anything motorcycling related but not 250 specific, post in TWD. I realize that you 250 guys "know" each other and its part of the reason topics tend to be posted in here that dont belong, but it would be a huge benefit to you if you put that topic in a place that could draw more answers. I started off the same way with the 6r section, then moved to the 10r section, now i dont even have a kawi...lol

Feel like shooting the shit or looking for a laugh, Off-Topic.

This forum has tons to offer for everybody, kick up your feet and stick around.

Im always open to suggestions to improve things, shoot me a pm if you have an idea and i'll approach the rest of the staff with it.

kkim, i personally wanted to thank you for all that you do around here its appreciated by more than me!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts