Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookin for the best bike model out of these years for the best price. I will have about 4 grand to spend next year and am curious what would be the best one outta all of them to get? why is that specific one better? I don't really care about the color. Is is possible to get a 01 for 4k?

RE[]DE[]\[]-|-

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think they are all good years.. The 99 has a different body style than the 00-02

As for getting one for 4K, you never know, you might be able to if there is someone who needs the Cash.

Youre more likely to get a 99 for 4K over a 00-01

On ebay I have seen 00-02 go for 5.5K and up anything under 4K usually is all bangged up or has a salvage title...

Sometimes a salvage titles means nothing, almost any bike can get totaled out from a minor accident with no major damage.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The '00 definitely had some performance advantages over the '99, but the '00 is a much meaner looking bike than the pre '00 could ever be. Just for that alone, I'd hold out for at least the '00.

If that isn't possible, get at least a '98. That was the turning-point for the Zx, and the benchmark that all other 6's had to follow after.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will have enough to hold out for the 00. I am starting to not care for colors anymore. I used to go, "I want this color!", but not anymore. I am getting so close to finding a job again and saving up that cash that I just wanna get it over with to ride. green or red, the books looks hotter than a gixxer and by far better.

RE[]DE[]\[]-|-

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I had a 99 zx6r and now I have a 2002. And I can honestly say there is not much difference - anywhere, period. Weight? Maybe a few pounds, not enough to notice. Power? Maybe a couple of HP, again, not enough to notice, at least not w/o a dyno. Seat of the pants, they feel the same, with maybe a tiny more in the 2002. I have never played much wiotht he suspension seetings on either one, so it could be just how they were set up by the dealer. But there was ah ug diff in that department. My 99 was setup much softer. As a resulty it handles better at slower speeds than the old one. Both are/were great looking bikes IMO. But I always loved the dual headlights of the 2000+'s. I remember peopel saying that a 2000+ 6r would destroy a 98-99 model. Well, it's simply not the case at all. Maybe it's a slightly better bike, but ya gotta reallt start splittin hairs to find out.

So, jumping from 99 to 2002 zx6r, I noticed basically no diff except suspension. But when I jumped on the F4 and R6, there were huige differences. So it's not that I can't tell, the two 6r's were just real close.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I bought zx6r last month from a used car dealer in florida for $4800(that included shipping and title fee, that he took care of)
I found it on ebay and it had a salvage tilte. all it needed was a new radiator(used) and all the plastics except the tank. i plan on spending under a $1000 to fix it up(with a custom paint job). i have some experience with cars and that has saved me some cash. you can go my way and hope to get lucky. ive had alot of help asking this gurus questions and they have all been helpful. try ebay but be careful and ask questions before you bid. it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
oh i almost forgot to add its a 2001 with 2000+ miles on it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought my '00 in August and it was only 22 months old, cost £4,000 which is probably around US$6000. Only had 2,500 miles and is in mint condition! A brand new one would've cost around £6000 (US$9000) so I've saved quite a bit for what is practically a new bike!

Going rate in the UK for an '00-'01 is around £4000-£4200.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.