Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having ridden the roads of every state except Alaska and Hawaii, I thought I’d share my impressions of some of the best of the USA

Best Breakfast: Buffalo, Wyoming

Best Steak: Rushville, Illinois

Best Beer: Black Butte Porter

Best National Park: Yosemite

Friendliest Place: Shared – Tennessee, Kentucky and Oklahoma (based on the largest number of friendly waves from passing cars/trucks. Mind you, that’s the best of a country that’s very friendly and welcoming everywhere.

Best Road East: Deals Gap :D

Best Road West: California SR 2, (Angeles Highway?) :D

Best Road South West: US 191 Arizona :D

Best Days Ride: California:
I started in Fortuna with a quick blatt down 101 before turning off onto Route 36, one of the best roads of the trip! Lots of good bend swinging, hardly any traffic and warm sunshine. Coming down out of the hills I took a shortcut to I 5 and then the boring part of the day, a run up the Interstate to Redding. By now it was really hot and I really enjoyed a cooling stop in a town centre filling station before heading out into the hills again on 299. The first part wasn’t brilliant, a fair amount of traffic, but I soon left that behind me and it was Banzai for the rest of the day before getting into Eureka.

Best Bike Shop: Pompano Kawasaki, Florida.

Prettiest Girls: Oh no! You don’t catch me that easily ;)

High Point: Independence Pass

Low Point: Death Valley

Best scenery: Southern Utah

Best motel chain for weary touring bikers: Motel 6

Best way to start the day: SR 18 out of San Bernardino

Best Welcome Centre: Mississippi

Coolest Ride: US 50 across Nevada. Mid May and it Snowed!

Hottest Ride: Death Valley/Mojave Desert

Where I’d most like to live: Asheville NC.

Where I don’t want to live: Buggers Hollow

What I’d most like to do: All of it again.

What are your bests?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Cool.....sounds like you've had a hell of a traveling experience....possibly a truck driver? I'd love to do some traveling like that! Do you have pics from lots ofthe places you've been?
Only 2 things I have to coment on....there is no pompano kawasaki (not sure how long ago you were there, or maybe you have the wrong name...so, you can just change that to Blais Cycle Inc. in Miami, FL):D
And I was recently in the historical district of Philidelphia..they have recently built a brand new GORGEOUS visitors center. I highly recomend checking it out if you ever get over there!;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did it on a ZR 750 S last summer. 35000 miles in 5 months. Bought the bike from Pomano Kawasake'Deefield Suzuki and as far as I know they're still going strong. But OK Blais Cycle Inc. Where is that?

·
Registered
650 Posts
its in Miami, FL....we do all high performance work and sell parts and service for sport bikes and crusiers...not sure if it would qualify for your "best bike shop" seeing as how we don't actually sell whole bikes....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That's one of my dreams to be able to do that. I'm trying to get it together now, but it seems like everytime I try to set it up something goes wrong. Did you plan your route or just get up one day and go?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't do too much planning, printed off a list of all the best sportsbike roads

http://my.execpc.com/~ytk/frames3.htm

then used state tourist web sites to get highway maps. Got a list of bike dealers in Miami (lots of flights from the UK) and that was about it. Flew to Miami, went bike shopping and then took off :D

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hawaii's got the best riding weather all year round :D
On Oahu, there's Tantalus...pretty tight turns...kinda slippery though. Not bad if you're a wannabe Haga or McCoy sliding out the rear on an underpowered bike. (MotoGP bikes in mind) Kona on the Big Island has some of the longest straights and sweeping turns with some awsome scenery. Talk to the locals about the Legends and Myths that surround the Big Island...You'll 1st had know what we call "Chicken Skin".
Oh, Not to mention...I think (biased as it is) Hawaii's got the best looking girls. You can't beat surfer girls. Like Malia Jones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.