Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a '03 636 that is about a month old. I love the bike, but ever since the day I picked her up, the bike does this IRRITATING gagging lurch right when I get her rolling from a stand still--EVERY SINGLE TIME [V][xx(]. I know this probably ain't it but it feels as though the chain is gathering up slack and then the bike lurches forward afterwards. Can anybody offer suggestions???[?]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Trying to understand what you mean here... like a driveline lash ? I find the fuel injection on the '03 ZX's is near-flawless throughout the powerband. I had a '97 Gixxer and it was HORRIBLE for lash. I'm wondering if mebbe you're bogging it down too much on starts or am I misunderstanding the problem?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That doesn't sound good! Really don't have a clue to what it might be, but I would take it back to the dealer if I was you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I agree. Sounds like you're trying to get it going too low. Give it some more gas when you're on the clutch, dont try to get it moving at 1500rpm like a cage. Maybe let the clutch slip a little longer. Remember, wet clutch. You dont have to worry about frying it, so give her a little juice...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys. Well, I still am not sure what the problem is. From a stand still I've tried easing out the clutch at various RPM up to about 6k and I've even tried dumping the clutch on several occasions too. But nothing seems to work. There's always that damn boggle for a split second, then she gets going. I don't know how better to explain it but it honestly feels like someone's holding the chain from going for a split second, then the bike goes. dj dunzie--thanks for the input but I really don't think that it's driveline lash. I'm taking her to the dealer today to figure out what the hell is wrong.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had problems with my car doing that before (85 Monte Carlo SS), it hasn't done it in awhile, I'm not sure if it was because I replaced the computer or because I replaced the TCC Solenoid in the transmission, which of course the bike doesn't have a torque converter anyway but it does have a computer so maybe you have a defective unit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How many miles are on it? A guy I met was talking about something similar on his '03 but he said it gradually went away through break-in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the input :D Well, I have put approximately 890 miles on my 6R, and the "lurch" seems to be gradually going away. I'm hoping that it'll totally go away after the break in period. It's just weird. [?]

·
Registered
605 Posts
Maybe you're just getting better at riding it. ;)

I know guys who've been riding for years that can still stall it in first gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.