Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
works for me! I mounted mine further up because I was worried about the suspension bottoming out. Let me know how it works out. I can tell you to not ride through any mud, because the plate alone isn't worth a damn on keeping stuff off the back seat or cowling. Passengers beware!

------

C-Ya.....Skiv
http://www.SportbikeLinks.net
'03 ZX6r
'91 ZX6d
http://www.geocities.com/skiv_here/6r.html

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, but glory lasts forever"

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This cost me all of $ 1.50 and took me about an hour. I am still waiting for the flushmounts from Lockhart Phillips to come in, but other than that it's done. Let me know what you guys think.

/forum/uploads/dman/silver1.jpg

/forum/uploads/dman/silver2.jpg

/forum/uploads/dman/silver3.jpg

/forum/uploads/dman/silver4.jpg

------
Go Green or go some where else!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah I'm sorta with Skiv on this one - can you mount it on the BACK two screws? I think it would look better further up, but maybe that's just me... what are you doing for signals?

------

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Yeah I'm sorta with Skiv on this one - can you mount it on the BACK two screws? I think it would look better further up, but maybe that's just me... what are you doing for signals?
<br>------<br>
"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."
I ordered the LP IV's and V's, i haven't figured out which go where? I fugure that out when they arrive. As for the placement of the tag, I was unsure where I wanted it so I figure if it becomes a problem there, I will move it back. And Skiv, you are 100 percent right about the whole mud on the back seat, but as far as passengers go, my wife doesn't ride so I am not worried about that. As sson as the flush mounts are mounted I will post some pics.

------

·
Registered
350 Posts
nice job but I would also move it back your going to. I have mine right under the rear lights with the lockhart phillips shortstock iv's. looks good. but i did get pulled over a few weeks ago because I have the plate titled up instead of straight down and the Lee County Sherrif said it wasnt visible from 100 feet away. What a jackass. Who in the world can see a normal plate from 100 feet away.

------

Shit happens for a reason!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i have a similar set up instead i have the tag just bent to fit the holes and the lights are flush with the undertail. i wish i knew how to post pics i could share my mods.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thanks. My flushmounts showed up today, so i will post pics tommorrow.

------

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's the cleanest setup I have ever seen. Look great. To bad you can not integrate the signals to keep the clean look.

------

Hell was full...so I came back
Friends don't let friends drive Hondas

·
Registered
233 Posts
On the '03 are the tailights LED's or regular bulbs? If they are bulbs (if there are 2) why not hook up a trailer wiring adaptor and f**k the turnsignals? Or do the states you live in require seperate signals? Mine passed in a NY state inspection.

------

97 Candy Persimmon Red
Wileyco Pipe
Factory 1.7 jets, Ign. Adv.
Cheetah Racing Solotail

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
They are LED's. I wish they made a intergrator kit for the mine. I am having to force myself to put the flushmounts on, i have had them for a week and i am still driving around without signals. Stupid, I know, but the rear end of these 03's looks so damn sexy the way it is now.

------

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
so does mud and crap really fly on your passenger with the mud flap removed....

i hate the look of the flap, but also dont want mud and crap on my passengers back or my back...

i guess i could post a poll asking this question...

------

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I shaved that huge air brake off my bike about 3 weeks ago and have not noticed any excessive dirt flinging. Lets face it, how often do you ride through mud?? If it rains, well, you're gonna be wet and miserable anyways, right... As for road debris, as I said, there is no real diference.

------

The truth is out there...
...its just a matter of knowing where to look.

/forum/uploads/MaDgamEr/p0003021.jpg

/forum/uploads/MaDgamEr/p0003022.jpg

/forum/uploads/madgamer/p0003027.jpg

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Proud to be [a serving] Canadian!

Thanks for the avatar, but I guess this means that the bike sux... LOL. j/k.

I ordered a "Pyramid Plastics" hugger through dynamohumm a few weeks ago, but it's gonna take another few before I see it. :(

------

The truth is out there...
...its just a matter of knowing where to look.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by MaDgamEr

Thanks for the avatar, but I guess this means that the bike sux... LOL. j/k.
:D I thought it was a given that the bike kicked some serious blue arse! My bad, I made an assumption... ;)

BTW...nice bike![^]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.