Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
great road... but currently ruined by the amount of law enforcement.
30mph speed limit is a joke.
How many LEO's when you went if any?

Hope you hit the Skyway while there, much better run than the Dragon IMO. Should sometime check out a few of the N, GA roads too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great road... but currently ruined by the amount of law enforcement.
30mph speed limit is a joke.
How many LEO's when you went if any?

Hope you hit the Skyway while there, much better run than the Dragon IMO. Should sometime check out a few of the N, GA roads too.
We saw two in patrol cars spaced out about 1/8-1/4 mile. I thought I saw a shiney top slick top in the woods on one pass but didn't slow down to find out. There were a few times that they could have stopped if they wanted to, I was around 48mph through the bounces and saw one round the curve leading in. At that point I couldn't slow down without probably dumping it so I just kept on moving. No blue light or nothing. Slowed down after that. No reason to tempt it. It's hard for them to turn around on that road anyway so you can actually....well you should probably just stop.:D The biggest pain in the arse were the hardley riders cutting corners because there big pieces of junk can't handle it. My first pass, jackass on a hardley came from around a blind curve about 1/4 way in my lane saw me and nearly went off the edge. Outside of that, it was pretty clean. I did see some idiots with their girlfriends on the back trying to rush up and down. IMO, that's just stupid. But hey, if they could deal with it, who am I to say?

·
Registered
206 Posts
We saw two in patrol cars spaced out about 1/8-1/4 mile. I thought I saw a shiney top slick top in the woods on one pass but didn't slow down to find out. There were a few times that they could have stopped if they wanted to, I was around 48mph through the bounces and saw one round the curve leading in. At that point I couldn't slow down without probably dumping it so I just kept on moving. No blue light or nothing. Slowed down after that. No reason to tempt it. It's hard for them to turn around on that road anyway so you can actually....well you should probably just stop.:D The biggest pain in the arse were the hardley riders cutting corners because there big pieces of junk can't handle it. My first pass, jackass on a hardley came from around a blind curve about 1/4 way in my lane saw me and nearly went off the edge. Outside of that, it was pretty clean. I did see some idiots with their girlfriends on the back trying to rush up and down. IMO, that's just stupid. But hey, if they could deal with it, who am I to say?
I wouldn't say the HD (bike) couldn't handle it... more like a dumb ass with more bike than he can handle. I've followed a few HD riders through there going fast enough for me to sit back & enjoy the sparks show... draggin everythin under the sun, freaking awesome. I give those guys the thumbs up everytime, they can RIDE!!!

But yeah... there are a few sportbikers that do the same corner cutting crap, it isn't just the HD riders. One recently from FL, passed away from a head on collision... kid was on a F4I hit a HD cruiser on the other lane... sad. Although I think he went wide onto the other lane... don't know all the details.

Anyways... great lookin Zed man... next time you are up this neck of the woods, post up or PM me... I'll come out & play too ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i used to love going to the gap but there is way too many leo's now. That and I found just as good of roads in N. ga thats alot closer to me

·
Registered
27 Posts
Racerraul ~ I plan on going to the gap with another friend of mine this summer, not sure when exactly but will post when were getting closer. I definitely want to ride the other roads in the area that won't be as crowded

·
Registered
551 Posts
If you go def do the cherohella sky way and the Cumberland gap.. I agree with racerraul the long sweepers on the highway are great!!!!

We went in 05 and there were cops in the trees. After riding all those great roads I find riding in NY to be so not enjoyable...I am jealous of you guys down in NC and TENN.

I have to take a 3.5 hour ride to get some good twisties

·
Registered
294 Posts
We rode it a couple weekends ago. I like in Johnson City, TN. Its only about 30 minutes from my house... :)
lol the gap is like 2 or so hours away from you. i know bc i live in gvegas

are you thinking of the snake?

so u got a Z1k? i never see those around here. i guess when i do it will prolly be you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts