Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dragon...

Here ya go kidz......

This is "The Dragon" - Deals Gap, North Carolina - Hwy 129 near the Smoky Mtn National Park.
The Dragon travels between North Carolina and Tennessee. It is only 11 miles long and has 318 turns. There are a lot of bikes that have met their last day on the dragon. Somewhere on the Dragon there is a location where there is a tree of shame that contains alot of damaged plastics.

Enjoy...
- Tit

http://homepage.mac.com/terry_m/iMovieTheater6.html#

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry bud..I didn't film nor did I host the vid.... so I can't help you w/ the Mac questions...

As far as speed, the guy is mostly in the 40's to 50's MPH range w/ dips down to the 30's and 20's...

Also some peaks up into the 50's and 60's with at least one blast I noticed where he passed 2 bikes and got up to 80-something...

Near the end of the vid, you can see his speedo... I don't know if it rattled to a lower position or he pushed it down... probably the former...

- Tit

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
No. Not that crazy guy on that silver bike. He'll probably ride it out on one wheel :D

This is a definite go. This thread was actually started by 4 or 5 of us (Jay, Vinny, JR, and Ray) BSing around with the idea. We have to plan this out extremely well so we can schedule our vacations around a specific week that we can go down there and ride the hell outta that thing and other roads in the Tennessee-NC area. I know Andy said he wanted to go so we can get a nice group together.
Already 2 things have been brought up.

Official List
1. Pick out specific date convenient to everyone (preferably in the spring)
2. Have someone with a trailer go with us just in case something was to happen. Also to take food, beverages and our clothes.
3. Ear plugs.
4. Back brace. It's a long haul and some of us if not all could benefit from a little support.

***I will continue to update the list once the suggestions start rolling and this starts materializing.***

Members That are in:
1. cyberdos
2. titbird
3. jayt0626
4. vinnysilver
5. poohbear
6. tommyv
7. mred

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah any help from you guys in the South that are familiar with the Dragon and the surrounding areas would be of great help to us Yankees[:p]up here in the NorthEast......

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I can see it in your eyes that you want to take that first turn again! This time I have confidence in your ability to rape that twistie! So you in?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by cyberdos
No. Not that crazy guy on that silver bike. He'll probably ride it out on one wheel :D

This is a definite go. This thread was actually started by 4 or 5 of us (Jay, Vinny, JR, and Ray) BSing around with the idea. We have to plan this out extremely well so we can schedule our vacations around a specific week that we can go down there and ride the hell outta that thing and other roads in the Tennessee-NC area. I know Andy said he wanted to go so we can get a nice group together.
Already 2 things have been brought up.

List
1. Pick out specific date convenient to everyone (preferably in the spring)
2. Have someone with a trailer go with us just in case something was to happen.

***I will continue to update the list once the suggestions start rolling and this starts materializing.***

Members That are in:
1. cyberdos
2. titbird
3. jayt0626
4. vinnysilver
5. Poohbear
maybe 6. Fithy

·
Registered
650 Posts
uuggg...feelin like garbage today boys...at this point, just let me know when and where to show up and I'll be there with bells on.......ONLY bells!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I got me a Highway 129 sticker on my bike and bought a Dragon teeshirt down there when I rode it...

it's an awesome road...

1 - 20 of 97 Posts