Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who do you guys hold your bike insurance with? How much do you pay? Is it mandatory in the state you live in? I have heard so many different things from people about the laws in Washington State.

Just curious, I've been riding about 4 months now with none, I figure I better start shopping around.

·
Registered
978 Posts
It's NOT mandatory in Washington State - it MAY be mandatory if you have a lien holder on a bike; most places which loan money want some guarantee they'll get paid if the bike gets wrecked/stolen. :(

Take the MSF course if you haven't...it could save you money.

Fwiw, me:

age 31,
2 Tickets
Married

04 ZX6R

$594/year, full coverage

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback! What company is your insurance with? I'm financed through Kawasaki, they haven't asked for any proof of insurance so I'am assuming they don't make it mandatory...Anyone know?

·
Registered
41 Posts
here in PA, you need proof of insurance before you can take the bike from the showroom. i did the online quote with progressive and they wanted about $4,000/year which is crazy! luckily enough i have my car insurance through state farm because they have the best rates for motorcycles. they charge me $305/year for comp & collision $1000 deductible. if your local insurance agencies are high, check around for an out of state agency. you just may find a good deal!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Progressive
Age 35
Married
MSF course
Full coverage - $301
$500 deduct
I have two cars with them and I have been with them since they started, that may be why I have such low rates. I shopped around and found that there are many different prices online. Your best bet may be to go to a real live human person and talk to them to try to get a good rate.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by caddyridenlow
Thanks for the feedback! What company is your insurance with? I'm financed through Kawasaki, they haven't asked for any proof of insurance so I'am assuming they don't make it mandatory...Anyone know?
When I asked the dealer he told me it's not a 'bike loan' per se, from Kawi- I'm also going to finance thru them. He said "I think if the bike is less than $10k, you keep the title (No Full-Coverage Ins. required)".

I'm going to use ForeMost -

Progressive quoted me $800/year...Which was about equal with other companies I questioned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Full coverage not required if you financed less than $10,000 from Kawi, I know because I'm the finance manager at one.

Progressive was the cheapest for me
No full coverage
$604/Year
22, no wrecks, no tickets (on my record [8D])

They wanted $2g's a year for full coverage with a $1g deductible, just a pisser that I have my house and two vehicles with Allstate and they wont insure a "sport" bike...

As soon as I sell my house, I'll be switching companies, if they wont take all of my risks, they shouldnt get any of them...

·
Registered
91 Posts
O.K.
40 years old
single(live with girlfriend)
No full coverage
Basic liability that Texas requires
$222 a year at Allstate
No tickets
I also have two other bikes and a truck and home insurance with them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live in Newfoundland Canada had my license suspended for getting 4 tickets and acumilating 14 points 6 points i got on a ticket for not having insurance and i pay $600 for liability theft and fire.

·
Registered
354 Posts
25 years old
Married
No Full coverage\Liability Only
$179 /year with Progressive
No tickets

They quoted me $2600 /year full coverage with 1000 deductable. Michigan has the worst insurance rates. Plus their stupid No fault laws make the rate even higher.

·
Registered
119 Posts
in ma they have really jacked up insurance laws, but
21 years old,
single,
one ticket
$1100 for full coverage, 400 ded on my 03 zx6r

before that i had a 95 ninja 600, liability only (most basic to be street legal) and that was $170 a year

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
statefarm rules...

I'm 27 and pay like 17 bucks a month for full coverage 250 deductable from statefarm...but I have my car and home insurance through them and so does my girlfriend who lives with me so we also get a group rate...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those are some great rates progressive raised mine from 600 a year to $2,000 a year (bastards. No tickets married and 24 i think its flordia everyone that i talk to is way up there. I'm still shoping around for new insurance you don't have to have it here in flordia.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Since you are financed through Kawasaki they don't make you have insurance because it is set up like a credit card. You have to pay it off if you total the bike or not. I know that because I did the same thing and asked. I am 43 no tickets and pay $361 full coverage for 1 year with State Farm. They are cheapest on sportbikes or at least 600cc bikes. They go by cc's not that it is a sportbike like all the other insuances. Progressive was the next cheapest at $676 a year. They all went up from there. I would get insurance on your bike to at least cover you against underinsured and uninsured motorists. That way you will be insured if the other driver's insurance is lacking or nonexistant.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am with geico and i pay 650 a year (i will get a renewal discount soon ) im happy with them,,because my 2002 zx6r got stolen and they totaled so they pay it ,,,and now i got me a 03zx6r that im thinking in tradin for the 10 r :D:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm 34
No tickets
Married
Use StateFarm with full coverage for a 03 ZX6RR
Price 146 a year. Priceless!!!!!!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.