Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that bike looks awesome! Damn I'm like 2 seconds from walking into the dealer and trading my 02 for the 03! Nice rims!

_________

2002 ZX6R NINJA!

·
Registered
32 Posts
does anyone have any pics of 03 with a polished frame and swingarm?
i have a red 02 and am thinking of getting the 03.
thanks [:eek:)]

BIG WORM

·
Registered
316 Posts
Okay, maybe not, but she looks fast as hell. I finally got my hindle put on. It wasn't the high mount that I wanted, because the mid pipe is on back order until the middle of next month, so I said to hell with it, and kept this one. I can order the other mid pipe later. Plus, I can still give chicks rides this way. The high mount won't allow passenger foot pegs. I also installed my PC III USB, polished my rims, and am getting ready to take off those stickers. A lot of work, but she is looking good!

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
316 Posts
Nah, I didn't use any sandpaper on the rims at all. I removed the paint, and used eagle one paste polish to get rid of any residue, that was it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I've never heard of Hindle... you like it?

"While the ZZR600 engine performs in a civilized manner, it’s also capable of AMA 600cc Supersport performance."

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well, I am suprised that there are a lot of people who haven't heard of hindle, but as speedvlaze said, if you like loud, you can't beat it. I am quite happy with the pipe. It is very good build quality, and in my experience with slip ons, it gives you just as much extra hp as any other slip on, just a helluva lot louder. It only cost me about 280 bucks, and knocked a good 9 or 10 pounds off the weight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Those rims look sweet!! Was it hard to fix them? How did you get the line smooth between black/polished part? Is it a big job to unmount the wheels? Does the paint come off easily? Looking good!!

ZX-6R '03 Lime Green

·
Registered
316 Posts
Peoples- The best way I found to keep a smooth line was to tape off the inner part of the rim that you don't want polished with masking tape. Then when you put on the stripper, you don't get any on that part. I found that with the stripper that I used to take the paint off, the best way was to brush it on, and immediately take medium steel wool and rub it off. When I waited like the instructions said to, it didn't work. Also, I didn't take the rims off, I left them on the bike. I guess it took me about 12 hours of work to complete the job. Then I just used Eagle One aluminum polish to remove extra residue and get a good shine to them. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dude, you are not going to believe this, I have the Idenical Bike. same polished rims, fender eliminator, flushmount blinkers, ohh and its red.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You can't see my plate because it is from the side view and it is right where the footpegs are, so it blocks it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.