Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello once again everybody. Im glad to say that my project bike is back up and running fine and that's thanks to the advice and input of a lot the members here at Kawi forums. So first off I want to say thanks. Now to my question, I got a quote on a paint job from a recommended paint shop here in Colorado. For a pearl paint job with two tone side fairings, a stripe going down the middle of the bike from the cowling through the gas tank and to the tail section, and some stencil lettering on the sides he wants $1,500. This is the first time I have ever dealt with a paint shop and Im not sure if its reasonable. I know I am asking for a lot on my paint but does anybody know if this is a decent price? Any input will help, once again Thanks!

Here is a pic of what the bike used to look like and what it looks like now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1500 is a little high, atleast for my area. I was quoted 500 on a 2 tone Kawi green / black if all he has to do is prime, color, and clear. I didn't ask about what it would cost to get a multi layer or pear though.

Whats up with the extra plastics in the background? I am doing a front end swap on my 99 this winter so I might be asking you some questions :D PM me if you have any advice to offer :D

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I gotta agree...too much. I got my entire tahoe repaited after it was keyed all around for $1800....and that was pulling trim, handles, lights..etc.

As him to break the price down...

Finding a guy that paints out of his garage can be the best bet. I met a guy that paints $50,000 hot rods at home. He did a base coat clear coat (1 color per panel) for $300.

·
Registered
10 Posts
just say no there are a lot of hobbiers who are very good painters. I would look for a private source to have a custum paint job. they might ask you to prep it up which is easy make sure you wear a mask if you sand

·
Registered
786 Posts
If you take the fairings, semi prepped, to any paint and body, the cost goes down a TON

I got quoted $250 for pearl white on mine, that's if I bring in the tank/fairings, degreased, washed (all that foam crap removed) and somewhat sanded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts