Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am completely new to motorbike maintenance and would like to know what's need to be looked at and more important what it should cost (average). I bought a 2011 Ninja with 650miles on it, and as far as I have been told the 1st maintenance has not been done. Since owning it I and done 40miles learning to ride it around the local streets.

I did a quick search and did not find anything, so any links I missed or advice would be helpfull.

Thanks...

·
Registered
272 Posts
Oil and filter would be a biggie.

Check and adjust the steering head bearings

all the cables should be adjusted to the proper freeplay
Nuts and bolts (make sure they are properly torqued etc...
I am not certain but I do believe carb sync is called for on those??

The bare bones above plus checking your tire pressures, chain adjustment, alignment and lube etc (the shit you should be doing on a regular basis anywyas)...shouldn't run you more than $125.00 plus some parts??(totally depends on shop hourly rate etc...)

Valve adjustment isn't going to be called for in the manual at this mileage but I would recommend doing them now-they are shim under bucket and as with all valve trains the valves have the most and the biggest movements early on in their life..

* If you were to have valves adjusted as well- you would likely be in the $250-$275 range- they are pretty easy to adjust once you get there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts